IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. anyone with turbo back tell me what system u have and if u ported the wastegate side of the turbo and if u have boost creep issues? i have BandB turbo back and I need to know info .. aslo i have gt spec2 headers.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Godspeed + Blitz nur spec R - ported wastegate - NO BOOST CREEP. You will need to port your turbo if you get a turboback... (or catback exhaust) that is that im afraid :( I've hit as high as 19.X psi without porting the turbo... not good.

Robert~

·
Registered
6 Posts
??ABOUT WIRING UP GAUGES

I dont think porting is neccesary with just a catback.. If that were the case you would need to port if you just installed a new downpipe, since most of the air restriction is from the cat in the dp. So your really getting more airflow from just replacing the stock dp and not using an aftermarket catback then you would not replacing the dp, and using an aftermarket catback.. I think that made sense..

That is why just installing a new dp (godspeed, invidia.. whatever ones remove the cat) and not going with a full turbo-back is the best exhaust mod in terms of power without porting..

- Randy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Anybody installed the STi short shifter yet??

Who ports turbos?

·
Registered
24 Posts
FIA-WRC said:
skieman said:
TurboXS Turbo-Back Exhaust w/ RFL-TI Muffler
Boost creep?
Had the exhaust added last week. 1st mod apart from stereo deck.

RE: boost creep. If I understand it correctly... I can't really tell. As you know the base STi has no turbo gauge and I've been too cheap to get one... pretty sad.

I've had my STi since last March. I like the sound of the txs exhaust MUCH better and it certainly feel like its got more power.

Should I know more about this boost creep thing? Once I've got a turbo gauge pack, what can I tell about its readings that in turn helps me decide on what mod next to buy?

Thanks for your patience. I always feel like such a neophyte when I jump in and try to follow these forum discussions.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Im also planning on the TurboXS, turbo-back, does it need a CEL fix. Also, like skieman, will the turbo gauge keep going up after you let off the gas(CREEP) That's what you all mean right? I dont have anyshops around me that I know of that can port and polish, so if it causes the creep then that would suck for me.
And why dont the retailers tell you about the...creep...there exhuasts may cause? You figure they have tested the exhausts on the cars...and would have fixed the possible problem with the product.
Just wondering ...im a novice.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The sale is why.

Anytime you alter the exhaust reaching the o2 sensors you'll more tthan likely throw a CEL.

Generally (Perrin for that matter) I had to add a resistor in my froin o2 wiring for the uppipe and a rear resister spliced into one of the wires in the rear o2 harness because both are catless.

You shouldn't have a need for a cel fix for the uppipe because I believe stock sti is already non-catted the WRX has 3 cats! vs 2 in the sti.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Parts to fix my car

hks down pipe...stock muffler...runnin no cats and have a slight over boost on heavy load(when racing) doesnt rob me of power but i'm sure it isnt good for the turbo...my two-

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
gt spec II headers too...sorry i forgot is it 4:20 already? oh ok

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
JoshmkII, keep us updated...i'm always lookin for new ways to improve the performance of the car.....thanks peace

·
Registered
33 Posts
Should I know more about this boost creep thing? Once I've got a turbo gauge pack, what can I tell about its readings that in turn helps me decide on what mod next to buy?
You should really avoid WOT in the higher gears. You could be creeping(which means boosting higher than the stock 14.5psi, uncontrollably) This will reduce the life of your turbo

Porting your wastegate is relatively inexpensive (<100bucks) and fairly easy. Negative is being without the STi for a day or so.

I am running an HKS cat-back(no creep of course) with stock DP. The exhaust was removed from my WRX when I traded up for the STi. I am waiting to install the Invidia DP for a deffinative CEL fix....Is there one for the Rear O2 on the STi yet??????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts