IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mate i think you've lost your bullocks

Ok, here is a novice question. I have been doing a lot of searching around and reading about different exhausts. Perrin uppipes and downpipes really look cool to me. But I don't know if I like the Perrin exhaust. has anyone put that exhaust on their STi or know someone who has? I would like to stick with the same brand through the whole exhaust system, but I don't know if the perrin catback would be a good performance enhancer. I like the JIC or the HKS carbon-Ti catbacks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've had two people this week alone have me tear of their Perrin exhausts so I don't think people have been very happy with it. It is VERY loud just to let you know. A better choice if you want loud is the Blitz Nur Spec R which will give you better flow and a silencer to boot for less money.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, do you think just the uppipe and dp and then a different exhaust? what kind of exhaust would give me a good hp increase and not too loud noise but just nice and deep. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya that would work, if you want quiet I suppose go with the greddy evo? Kinda sucks though as the STi sounds great opened up.

Robert~

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm biased since I make my own line of uppipes and downpipes. I'm sure his uppipe is fine. His downpipe was having fitment problems as well as other quality issues on a few customer's cars we had in here but nothing major. I think a bell mouth downpipe will be better suited for future upgrades. The divorced wastegate does nothing for power and may cause issues with diferent turbo upgrades.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
definitely a killer combo... im looking for a blitz nur spec R again...

Robert~

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, can you say why to stay away from Perrin? I will definitely look at other things. maybe the Godspeed dp? What kind of uppipe should I get?
What website should I go to for my mods? The ones I look at don't have anything with Godspeed. Any help would be great. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
If you have evidence on why to stay away from Perrin, share it with all. I know many of us are looking at their stuff and would like to know all of the facts before purchasing. Guru ahs explained about the fitment issues, but if there is more problems I want to know also. Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Basically, they don't make any of the products they sell, they merely put their name on products that are made by other people. So in essence, they are resellers. That may make a difference to you, or it might not. Personally, I'm staying away from Perrin.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so can anyone give me some websites to go to for performance parts. Like one that has the Godspeed DP?? I know vividracing.com, that is kinda expensive, and a few others, but the ones I go to don't have Godspeed. Please help. :cry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts