IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Really excited to see what the new generation will bring! Hopefully better insulation so I can hear music on the highway properly haha :D

That being said, never getting rid of my 2018 WRX STI, cause EJ engine is special for me.

But would love to get the new gen near the end of it's life as a second car :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
It’ll be the end of the sti as we know it. Sorry, a Subaru that doesn’t have the rumble just isn’t an sti to me. Plus, the wheel arches are ridiculous. RIP

·
Registered
26 Posts
It’ll be the end of the sti as we know it. Sorry, a Subaru that doesn’t have the rumble just isn’t an sti to me. Plus, the wheel arches are ridiculous. RIP
A new one would be losing its rumble? Care to explain why? Sure modern DI motors do sound different but I’m sure an exhaust could fix that

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Simple bolt ons and flexfuel tune made an easy 400whp for my 2019 WRX for less than $7000. The FA20 motors have 10:1 compression ratio and have a twin scroll turbo directly attached to the header makes for crazy fast spool. With 0.4L increase in displacement in the FA24 and OEM beefier rods, it would be perfect for people looking from <500whp with simple bolt ons. Above 500whp I would want the EJ25 because the aftermarket has figured out and addressed all the kinks :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
My original thoughts were to jump on this new platform 3 years in... but if it's using the new brz engine, now I'm kinda just thinking I'll get the brz and drop my own turbo in it 🧐

·
Registered
596 Posts
Simple bolt ons and flexfuel tune made an easy 400whp for my 2019 WRX for less than $7000. The FA20 motors have 10:1 compression ratio and have a twin scroll turbo directly attached to the header makes for crazy fast spool. With 0.4L increase in displacement in the FA24 and OEM beefier rods, it would be perfect for people looking from QUOTE]

Is this suppose to be impressive? SRT-4’s notorious ran 400+ whp for under $2,000, cobalt ss turbos even less. $7000 is ridiculous, at that point you should have bought an sti , used m2, mint evo ix…catch my drift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
I already have a 13 year old STI and I like the Subaru platform for safety and symmetrical AWD for traction and no torque steer. I have a soft spot for Subarus so I’m not interested in any of the cars you mentioned. Here is my STI:

·
Premium Member
See about
6,071 Posts
SRT-4’s notorious ran 400+ whp for under $2,000, cobalt ss turbos even less. $7000 is ridiculous, at that point you should have bought an sti , used m2, mint evo ix…catch my drift
Then all you have to do is jack up the gas cap and replace the car to get the Subaru back . . .

You wrote to someone with more than one build . . . and cars that still cost more than the modded or built ones . . . pretty sure he knows what he wants . . . :) :) :)

Was there any info in the links?

·
Registered
2021 WRX STi
5 Posts
That's a LOT of black plastic - I really don't want the new WRX/STi to look like the new Outback Wilderness. And what's with the 6k rpm redline?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts