IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sup fellow zonies. My fam lives out in Chandler but I reside in Los Angeles. Still rockin' my Zona plates out here though. Love getting away with no front plate / made up laws that eliminate fixit tickets in CA. Its great :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
the scene is huge there. every saturday at the scottsdale pavilion theres at least 50 cars out there and its from bikes to imports to muscle. plus you have firebird raceway who does autocross, hpde, drift, and drag
50 cars? The last one I went to in january had at least 100 cars showed up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Back when I used to go about 10 years ago or so, I'd say 1,000 cars was more normal. I've heard on the S2000 boards that the Pavilions has become a ricer hangout. There are 3 race tracks in the area with 1 being less than 10 minutes from where I'd live.

I run E85, so meh. :)
I'm only hearing theres one track in Phoenix which is wild horse pass (PIR)

·
Super Moderator
8,407 Posts
There is also Arizona Motorsports Park which is at the end of the runway outside Luke AFB, which will be less than 10 minutes from me.

Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) is also usable club track. Wild Horse Pass is NOT PIR. It is located at the Firebird/Bonduraunt facility.

Search and you shall find. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
There is also Arizona Motorsports Park which is at the end of the runway outside Luke AFB, which will be less than 10 minutes from me.

Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) is also usable club track. Wild Horse Pass is NOT PIR. It is located at the Firebird/Bonduraunt facility.

Search and you shall find. ;)
Whoops I've was thinking about PIR when it was FIR. I heard speedworld was amazing until they closed it down.

·
Registered
212 Posts
50 cars? The last one I went to in january had at least 100 cars showed up.
its been awhile since i been and thats why i said at least not only haha

Whoops I've was thinking about PIR when it was FIR. I heard speedworld was amazing until they closed it down.
there is rumors about it reopening. i used to go to speedworld all the time

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I didn't hear any rumors about reopening. Just heard about how it closed between the owner and city.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Cycotech,

I have been attending car meets in Tucson since 02 at first with the WRX and the following years with Evos and STIs. There are many many car meets around town and also groups that go to the dragstrips and the road courses. I am inviting you to join the car meet that I have been attending staeady for the last 11 year(Swan and Grant every Friday around 8pm in front of the starbucks coffee).

There are even bigger car meet in Phoenix, the pavillions. They also get together and go to Firebird and speedworld for drag racing. Through out the year we also go to cars and coffees(every Saturday once a month at la encantada Mall).

Additionally we have dyno days, group rides to Mount lemmon, Arivaca. We have a few car forums(local) : AZAWD and for years azmusclecars, now there are even more car forums

Like I said, I don't know where you have been but this $hit has been going on for many many years. Are you stationed by any chance at DM? Welcome!!

Carlos

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cycotech,

I have been attending car meets in Tucson since 02 at first with the WRX and the following years with Evos and STIs. There are many many car meets around town and also groups that go to the dragstrips and the road courses. I am inviting you to join the car meet that I have been attending staeady for the last 11 year(Swan and Grant every Friday around 8pm in front of the starbucks coffee).

There are even bigger car meet in Phoenix, the pavillions. They also get together and go to Firebird and speedworld for drag racing. Through out the year we also go to cars and coffees(every Saturday once a month at la encantada Mall).

Additionally we have dyno days, group rides to Mount lemmon, Arivaca. We have a few car forums(local) : AZAWD and for years azmusclecars, now there are even more car forums

Like I said, I don't know where you have been but this $hit has been going on for many many years. Are you stationed by any chance at DM? Welcome!!

Carlos

ah good ol azawd haha i kinda miss that forum. i joined it back in 06

41 - 60 of 72 Posts