IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, (and Girls if any are here),
I'm having the car aligned on Friday after letting the new STi 'Pink' springs settle for about 10 days and am wondering what everyone is running alignment numbers wise.
One caveat: I use the car primarily for Road course use only, so am wanting a very track oriented setup.

I'm sure I want something like: -1.3 to -1.5 camber Front, and -1.0 to
-1.2 camber Rear, but am unsure what to do with Toe-in/Toe-out. (From what I've read Caster is non-adjustable unless additional parts are installed).
Any suggestions or can someone supply me with their settings particularily if you're running a 'track oriented' setup.
TIA,
Bish

·
Registered
804 Posts
I went with -1.0 camber lf, -1.1 camber rf, -.4 camber rr, -.4 lr and 0.00 toe front and rear. Caster which isn't adjustable is 4.5 l and 4.9 r with the ALK. You will need camber bolts to adjust the rear camber, mine was at -1.5 r and -1.2 l before the camber bolts. Less negative in the rear helps the car rotate nicely, I have 0 understeer, if anything I have slight oversteer which I like :).

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Quick question...

Supposedly a slight toe in in the rear helps make the car more stable and a slight toe out in the front helps it steer more responsively..... but that's just what i've heard and isn't based on any personal research... so take that advice at your own risk.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
moderator privileges on all forums?

bitabur said:
...a slight toe in in the rear...and a slight toe out in the front...
yeah, that's what i've heard also. and it does make sense, in contrast to how rear camber influences rotation; i don't get that. i need a class in vehicle dynamics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts