IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked my reservoir today and when I was adding water I saw green fuzzy things floating around in the water and growing in areas... :eek:

this is so weird I dont know how to go about dealing with it...

any suggestions? the only thing I can think of doing would be to add some sort of algae killer, enzymes, chemicals or whatever...

Me (1:04:53 PM): rotate the wheels, check the clutch, change oil and KILL THE ALGAE WTF

Dave (1:04:55 PM): be like i asked for a car, not a science project
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Never even thought of that happening. But then I am in North East where the reservoir stays frozen until the spring time.

I wonder whether a fishtank algae cleanser would be appropriate... or what about a snail and/or a gold fish... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Hmm always have used distilled water - gotta stay away from that everglades swamp water!

The pump is the same as the washer pump - so you should be able to dilute some methanol in there it might help after you have cleaned out what is in there. I run water to methanol of 1:1 - not for the sprayer but in preparation for WI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,733 Posts
lol algee thats wierd!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
ChargedPerformance said:
Hmm always have used distilled water - gotta stay away from that everglades swamp water!
Yep. Gotta keep them microorganisms out of the water tank, especially in a place where it's that warm!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,261 Posts
Greased lightning products

can you just use windshield washing fluid to kill it? I mean I use a 50/50 distilled water / windshield washing fluid and its crystal clear and so is my IC :)

Robert~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
Pieces of a sweater?

Slowride's right, algae can't live in complete darkness but it could still be some nasty mold.

[url=http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bot00/bot00397.htm said:
Ask A Scientist
Botany Archive[/url]][J]ust because a mold is "green" does not mean that it has chlorophyll, which is the
green pigment that is capable of absorbing light energy. Not all green pigments are
chlorophylls. Also, not all chlorophylls are green.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
bitabur said:
Just dump some alcohol in there....
Just make sure it's isopropyl, enthanol or methanol alcohol.
Don't try it with Budweiser, that's alcohol abuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,879 Posts
alcohol = alcohol. Pure alcohol of any kind should work.

Beer, rum, whiskey, vodka, or any drinking alcohol is probably not a good idea, unless it's everclear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,733 Posts
just to make sure it disapears, pretend to be hudenny(<~~~~however u spell it) and pour the alchol in there and make sure to have a lighter!!! ;-) but run fast! lol just kidding do not do that!!! please kids dont try this at home...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
how about a few drops of clorox or iodine? If it is safe to drink in that diluted of a solution, there's no way it would harm anything.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top