IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey wassup guys I'm new here also,

From anchorage. I'm awaiting on my subaru 06 sti being ship from NY.
I figured you know learn some stuff before getting on my first sti ever... Always owned integra since then and I decided a subaru will do me better since I move here..so since I'm new any suggestion what I should do when it get here...

Bought of ebay by the way and got it check up before I paid so I'm thinking run it to shop before having fun with to see if anything need touch up what you guys think... Thanks
Nice man , and yes FWD is okay here . RWD was rough , but the AWD is meant for this place . I just got mine not too long ago and want to go by a shop called element tuning and have them do a full checkup . I am about to go on leave but hopefully your subie gets shipped here soon and maybe we can both go over there and check it out .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to see an Alaska thread here! Any recommendations on where to get my 105k service done? I went to Element Auto a couple months back for an estimate for the timing belt, and they quoted me at $800. Haven't tried P3 yet or the dealer, kinda contemplating on doing it myself...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice to see an Alaska thread here! Any recommendations on where to get my 105k service done? I went to Element Auto a couple months back for an estimate for the timing belt, and they quoted me at $800. Haven't tried P3 yet or the dealer, kinda contemplating on doing it myself...
So I haven't had any work done by any of the shops around here yet , but P3 seemed promising , i went there on one of the dyne days they had a few months back and they have some pretty good promotions going on like ordering parts , or maintanence on credit , like paying on it so you don't have to do it all at once .. since I have been here i am so hesitant to get work done because I know prices will be outrageous .

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I haven't had any work done by any of the shops around here yet , but P3 seemed promising , i went there on one of the dyne days they had a few months back and they have some pretty good promotions going on like ordering parts , or maintanence on credit , like paying on it so you don't have to do it all at once .. since I have been here i am so hesitant to get work done because I know prices will be outrageous .
Yeah, there's a guy at my shop who had his motor built by them and he is very happy with it. He said they might be running some specials on servicing right now and that they get free shipping off of rally sport direct if you order through them. I just need call and get a quote from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice man , and yes FWD is okay here . RWD was rough , but the AWD is meant for this place . I just got mine not too long ago and want to go by a shop called element tuning and have them do a full checkup . I am about to go on leave but hopefully your subie gets shipped here soon and maybe we can both go over there and check it out .
I should be getting mines on the 3rd budd, i got to say i have no idea about subaru's so its going to be a new book for me to read and learn, but yea man ill let you know soon as it gets here, cant wait excited at the same time worried, because i dont know how this will turn out..

·
Registered
36 Posts
just move here in JBER from fort stewart GA. my subie got damaged on my way here so im trying to get a whole new paint job. heres my ride and if anybody here in anchorage where are all the meets at?

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Haven't seen you yet. Welcome to the greatest state. There's a dude in the same housing area im in with a bagged infinity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Beautiful sti , most of the meets I have seen are held through this group called ATC which is a multi car group ... as far as only subarus go I haven't really seen anything . If your on FB the group is on there . they usually have meets on fridays around 8-10pm on tikatnu lowes red robin area. small turnouts and then they cruise to another location.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is mine as well , just purchased it , I put an exhaust on it , tinted the windows , I have to get the back redone , and I just purchased the tail light overlays , they should be there when I get back to AK . I'm on the right .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here she is budd, got her on 4th was super dirty inside and out I been trying to clean for the most part getting there slowly, going to dmv for some temporary tags since I'm waiting on the registration and plates...but yea so far everything looks promising runs rich, as of now here's a couple pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
looks pretty clean man , i talked to element today and asked them about and oil change , and transmission fluid change with rear diff and for the oil its 100 and tranny rear diff 150 and they said they would do a full car check free .. Does that sound like a lot for an oil change ? I may take it to the autoshop and do it all myself .

·
Registered
4 Posts
looks pretty clean man , i talked to element today and asked them about and oil change , and transmission fluid change with rear diff and for the oil its 100 and tranny rear diff 150 and they said they would do a full car check free .. Does that sound like a lot for an oil change ? I may take it to the autoshop and do it all myself .
Yes sounds fair to me but for that kind of stuff i would do it on my own, I got mine check up from them also and so far my car looks good, everything is upto date just some minor things that need to chance like my rear endlinks etc but other that they quote me 1200 for all other stuff and I'll just buy the parts do it with my friends I would say, (pm me your ###)))you need to meet some guys I just met since I got mines

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
just move here in JBER from fort stewart GA. my subie got damaged on my way here so im trying to get a whole new paint job. heres my ride and if anybody here in anchorage where are all the meets at?
]
Im pretty sure we live in the same housing area.
The more I see them the more I like them , if you don't mind me asking , how much did you pay ?
Ill have to pm you, I got a pretty good deal. I did have a large down payment, sold my 07 STi before purchase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone know when the subaru meets are ? I saw some rubies together last saturday , I'm not on Facebook if that's where they usually post them , if they have a page .

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I don't know when they meet either. I don't go because that's usually the younger category and I don't do a lot of stuff they think is fun. :tup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm younger , but I don't find racing and police fun , spirited driving from time to time yes . Would you be down for meets if we could get some subaru thing going , there are too many of us up here .

21 - 40 of 77 Posts