IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... this is really wierd so bear with me. My keyless remote has been acting goofy. Sometimes when i use it, it doesnt beep and other times it does. There isnt a specified pattern either. I dont press the special combo to turn it on or off either. Also sometiems when it beeps it will be offkey, and then get onkey sounding. Like a beeoooeee bee bee. So Im trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Any ideas? I did move the horn on the passenger strut tower bar, but that was it... and i dont think that would have done it??

Robert~

·
Registered
205 Posts
Only think I can think of is maybe you have a bad connection to the horn somewhere. I'd check that first. Do the doors lock when you use the remote and you don't hear the horn?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new subaru wrc car?

yes the doors lock and open perfectly, today even the parkinglights were having a hard time blinking... *sigh* i dun know whats up

Robert~

·
Registered
282 Posts
My old tundra alarm did that. Sounded like her voice was cracking so I always said she was going through puberty. I actually have nothing useful to contribute though... never really looked into it. Good luck

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Possibly grounded something that shouldn't be, or loosened the wrong wire, while installing the extra points in your grounding kit? It sounds like an electrical problem to me.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I dont know... funny thing is, is now the beep seems to work just fine, but the parking lights dont flash ???? :confused: They parking lights(turn signals) work fine otherwise, just with the alarm its messed. I dont think its my grounding kit as it has been doing this for a while (before my kit).. that and obviously speedmonkee, hks, and all those other people would ahve some problem. All I did was reuse points from another company, and add the stock ones (leaving the stock in place so they shouldnt be affected).. so i dunknow. I will check everything and see.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
German AAA tests STi size winter tires

Try resetting your ecu and/or unpulgging the module that controls the security system and reconnecting it.... maybe?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good idea, i will do that tomorrow and see what happens, thanks bitabur

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
resetting ecu didnt work so im just going to take it in, show off the cat back and see what they think at the dealership.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Robert, did you get the car checked out yet? I'm curious as to what's up. To be honest, I kind of want to make absolutely sure it has nothing to do with the grounding kit before I order one.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went and they said it was just teh way my keyless alarm was setup... So im going to try and mess with it and see what happens.

does anyone know what fuse/module controls the alarm setup? and where it is? I couldnt find it when I went in there.

Robert~

Also im sorry for building insecurity in my kits, but I dont see how my kit could have done it when speed monkee's didnt. I honestly think I sat on the keyless entry wrongand pushed some wrong buttons... but I will make sure, as I am making those kits to save money for those who want the heavy duty groundint kits, but dont want to pay $100+ for them. I only added 2 spots (which were the stock grounding spots), BUT I am going to fiddle with the grounding kit today and see what happens.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blown motor

I went out and started messing with the keyless entry/ suburu manual (as advised by subaru dealers). So Im sitting there reading about everything and I was like... o ya my keys were stolen so I might as well reset the receiver code so that he doesnt just walk up and take my car one day. So I whip out the lame-o black subaru key (the other master key) and try to reset the code (unlock doors (with receiver), get in, close door, switch from lock-on 10 times within 15 seconds... i never got it to work once. Then I was like... thats kind wierd. I get out and try this... manually setting the car locked, then unlocking with the key.... the key wont unlock the door. So great, is it the key/receiver that is causing the problems??? Also my security light blinks ALL the time... except for when im driving. Is that normal? or is only supposed to blink when locked? thanks and just lmk.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I got my original keys back (an employee "found" them)... anyways. I dont think it has anything to do with my kits, but the alarm system itself or the wireless pieces. I went to try different stuff, for instance turning the beep on and off... and vuala the parking lights worked with the wireless ... the only time they WONT work is with unlocking and locking... as I dont see how my kits would affect ONE aspect of the alarm and not all of it if it was actually a grounding issue... whenver I find out the real problem , I will let you know, any answers/suggestions would be great. Thanks

Robert~

sorry for so many posts, but i didnt expect this to affect my business, but now that i know it does i am going to work 24/7 to figure out the problem. (although i 100% cant see how it would be my grounding kit, but... your security in a purchase is more important).

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It's HIGHLY unlikely that the grounding kit could affect this problem if the grounding points are chosen well, which it certainly sounds like they are.

When I questioned the problem being related, I was suggesting that maybe you loosened some other stock wire when you were messing around with the kit, and that it might not be making a clean connection anymore....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts