IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I obliterated one of my airbag stickers (with extreme prejudice). Here's a fully illustrated write-up of what I did, click right here. Perhaps some experts will have suggestions to improve the process and the final result. Anything is better than looking at that awful, horrible sticker.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't mean any disrespect but ... What the #$*% are you doing dude?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, well, call me crazy but I don't like getting in my car and seeing a giant yellow sticker that says WARNING! AVERTISSMENT!! every time I look out the window (I'm tall, so it's in my field of vision).

The flash makes it look worse than it does in person, and I can stil put a CD holder there. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
WOW! That's some project! Are you married dude?

M

·
0 Posts
Hehe, man....

It definitely is cool that the sticker is gone, but I'd at least try and paint over that or cover it up some other way... maybe cut out that section and install a vanity mirror?

Of course, if the sticker bugged you that much then seeing a reflection of your head might be worse, :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
WOW, that realy was extreme prejudice! I hope the glare of the flash makes it look alot worse then it is. A little lighter fluid should fix that:) :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally... A stereo in my car

NASIOC recommends a substance called "Goof Off" to remove the sticker, so I'll be trying that on the driver's side visor and I'll post details.

mistkerl, the obliterated visor isn't reflective in any way.

wojo, you can guess the answer to your question. :) If you happen to know a chick that can appreciate obsessive car behavior, and won't significantly increase the curb weight of my vehicle (if you know what I mean), have her PM me.

Goose, wait till you see what I have planned for the low-flow toilet that I replaced last year with a bootleg Canadian high-flow model.....

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Hate to say it but I think it looks worse now than it did before. I never even notice the warnings.

RDiamond said:
and won't significantly increase the curb weight of my vehicle
:lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
RDiamond said:
wojo, you can guess the answer to your question. :) If you happen to know a chick that can appreciate obsessive car behavior, and won't significantly increase the curb weight of my vehicle (if you know what I mean), have her PM me.quote]

I will look. Any "airbags" specs? Thats always important (for safety, of course!)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
that's funny, my STi can with this warning sticker??!?!!

j/k of course, thats an old one that's been floating around.

and my G/F promotes the obsessive car behavior and certainly doesn't add much to the curb weight of the car. The STi gets even more stares when she is in the passenger seat :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, here's the result on the driver's side using Goof Off. The key tools involved are pictured (putty knife, goof off, mask to keep from dying from fumes, solvent-proof gloves). The other tools were masking tape and a rag.

Is that better? :roll: Please note that the visor is not dry, and so it needs to even out.

I'll try Goofing the passenger side to spruce it up a bit, and I'll write up the procedure once everything is complete.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks a lot better to me, at least from the 2 pics

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
First off, why bother removing it? But if you do, try using peanut butter next time you have to remove glue residue. It works really well, something to do with the oils. When you're done, save it and make a sandwich :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why remove them?

1. They're offensive. I know the car has airbags, I don't need some nanny sticker reminding me every time I get in the car.

2. They're ugly. What else in the car is red, yellow, black and white? I mean, nothing in the STi is as color-mismatched as those stickers. Except the clock. And the HVAC.

It's as much the principle of the thing as it is the ugliness. Lawyers suck. They ruin America. The stickers are a daily reminder of this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is what you need:

This is on an IS300. Its just a custom sticker made to cover up the airbag warning stuff.

I dont know...just a thought. The Impreza one might be a lil big though...

·
Registered
273 Posts
oh yeah...i remember that. Any response yet?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts