IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone having problems with the site...

i was teaching someone to drive my STi, and i neglected to mention SLOWLY letting out the clutch, so anyways, my car jumped into a brick wall. the back bumper is dented... i can't stand it. i bought some bondo and went to town, and then touch-up-painted for an hour, it stilll doesn't look right.

I need pricing for a new USDM STi Bumper painted Platinum Silver, and how hard they are to install.

I need this bumper quick! i can't stand an imperfect car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Audio install

that must be a really close friend to let test drive such a nice car.

kudos to you.

hope you find that bumper.

M

·
0 Posts
Teaching someone to drive stick in an STi, brave brave man!

I'd like to know what the replacement cost ends up being.

mist

·
Registered
983 Posts
U should call up your dealer's part store for pricing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here you go:

quote from wilkins subaru, glen burnie, md:

unpainted rear bumper cover = $183.96
paint job in wrb color = $250 est.
total = $433.96

This is with a Nasioc member discount.

I backed into a garage column at work. Ding wasn't that bad but it just annoyed me. It messed up the lines of the rear bumper cover. I decided to live with it though considering the cost and that the bumper will most likely be dinged again in the future.

Good luck...

Samuelleeogden said:
i was teaching someone to drive my STi, and i neglected to mention SLOWLY letting out the clutch, so anyways, my car jumped into a brick wall. the back bumper is dented... i can't stand it. i bought some bondo and went to town, and then touch-up-painted for an hour, it stilll doesn't look right.

I need pricing for a new USDM STi Bumper painted Platinum Silver, and how hard they are to install.

I need this bumper quick! i can't stand an imperfect car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Turbo Timer Trouble

well you could find a tailgater and slam those powerful brembo brakes of yours and have them lightly rear end you so they pay for the damage :lol: just say you saw a cat and had to stop or something. hehehe or yea you could just go buy a new bumper and re-paint it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
:-? i got bumped in the parking lot at school. New rear bumper for the STi set me back 230ish i think. Painting it was another 400. Im getting it painted as we speak at a bodyshop that does all the area porsches and audi's so i may be paying more for paint but they will make sure to do a good job on it.

I hated driving the car around with a dent in the bumper and the paint all gnarled up from some one elses tire marks on my car... thank god it was only bumper hit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts