IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys as you know it alot of people on here have modified there cars or kept theres stock. Well i havent heard any dramatic storys on upgrades yet. Well no offense to be taken when i say that. BUt i personally used to drag race rx7s and i had 2 of them onr ran a big ass t76 turbo and full ems and what not. Now I'd personally like to ask

-Is there anyone out there that is going all crazy with there car? and

-Is there any one out there going to put a larger turbo on there car?
and if so what size? I know i hear of that p1812 or whatever that is, whats its true size?

-Because i was thinking of putting a gigantic turbo, but go with a nice backend to let spool up time come faster instead of laggen around town.....So guys post some idea's in what you would do or what some of you plan on doing!

Thanks
Amir :p

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
FasStAsS_sTi said:
OK guys as you know it alot of people on here have modified there cars or kept theres stock. Well i havent heard any dramatic storys on upgrades yet. Well no offense to be taken when i say that. BUt i personally used to drag race rx7s and i had 2 of them onr ran a big ass t76 turbo and full ems and what not. Now I'd personally like to ask

-Is there anyone out there that is going all crazy with there car? and

-Is there any one out there going to put a larger turbo on there car?
and if so what size? I know i hear of that p1812 or whatever that is, whats its true size?

-Because i was thinking of putting a gigantic turbo, but go with a nice backend to let spool up time come faster instead of laggen around town.....So guys post some idea's in what you would do or what some of you plan on doing!

Thanks
Amir :p
No offense taken

MODS: Perrin Inlet Hose, Perrin SRI, Perrin Catch Can, Perrin Crank Pulley, Perrin Radiator Shroud, Whiteline Diff Bushings, StaticX Grounding Kit, STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear), Blitz SBC-ID III, GodSpeed Downpipe, Blitz nur spec R catback, STi Eibach Springs,Cusco Full STi Sway Bar Kit, KartBoy 6MT Shifting Bushings/Longer Exhaust Hangers, Ported Wastegate, Worx Tuning BOV, Header/Downpipe Wrap, UTEC (on preorder)

As for those of us going CRAZY with mods... theres a problem. Not everyone wants to buy a bunch of different electronics to hook up to the car for tuning. Most of us are waiting on UTEC (a GOOD form of engine management) and such as it is plug and play and I dont have to slice up my ECU wires. Then you will start seeing those stories of people going nuts... also the car is barely a year old (if it is a year old) since it was released. Guru (Dan) @ godspeed is working on a GT25R/GT30R/GT35R kits for 350whp-500whp++... just give it time, once the parts become more available and more tuning options are there, other then xede and other piggy back programs, Im sure you'll see some big changes (as I have cash goin away for a GT30R myself... ~450whp). The dual ball bearings will help the longevity of the turbo and be able to make it spool sanely. Hope this helps!

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
a couple places are offering unichip solutions for e.m.
easystreet has said ecutek is available as well.
not sure how these solutions compare to utec myself.
i did find a local electromotive place. (an ems that was mentioned in a different thread by gonelaxin)
i was meaning to call them just to try and get some info.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet deal! Cool well Id like to hear more storys, but what is the size on that GT30R?

Yea im waiting for the UTEC as well! considering i had pain in the [email protected]# when i had to run my own EMS such as the haltech which sucks! and the Wolf 3d version 4 which was a nice setup but an even hardier setup then the [email protected]! So im going to be patient and wait for the plug and play.

As for me Im going to look at a 500-600WHP if my luck is good! lol

i want to go with a big turbo like a 60 series or even a 70 series by turbonetics. Now Im sure alot of people are saying not going to happen but think about it an R34 skyline is a 2.6 liter and thats twin turbo and guys go crazy and put big aZZ turbos and are not haven problems at all. and that car is like a cousin of ours! :D

SO COME ON GUYS LETS HEAR THE CARS GO NASTY FAST AND NOT LITTLE UPGRADES!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
FasStAsS_sTi said:
sweet deal! Cool well Id like to hear more storys, but what is the size on that GT30R?

Yea im waiting for the UTEC as well! considering i had pain in the [email protected]# when i had to run my own EMS such as the haltech which sucks! and the Wolf 3d version 4 which was a nice setup but an even hardier setup then the [email protected]! So im going to be patient and wait for the plug and play.

As for me Im going to look at a 500-600WHP if my luck is good! lol

i want to go with a big turbo like a 60 series or even a 70 series by turbonetics. Now Im sure alot of people are saying not going to happen but think about it an R34 skyline is a 2.6 liter and thats twin turbo and guys go crazy and put big aZZ turbos and are not haven problems at all. and that car is like a cousin of ours! :D

The sizes of the GT25R/GT30R/GT35R can be found at: www.turbobygarrett.com and on their catalog. The GT25R and GT30R will be modified to Dan's specifications. Also no one is saying your 500-600whp fantasy isnt going to happen... i even stated the GT35R is going to be up in the 500whp range... if not more. Dan will be doing tuning soon. As they have been installing it for a while. Good luck!

Robert~

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actually i just got a sponser, and very soon i will have a bigger turbo, a frount mount intercooler, and a full new fuel system in the car, and i am going to have it all dyno tunned and flashed and what not. All of this stuff should be added onto my car in a month or 2 at the max. I should be the first STI to break into the lower 11s. After all of that is done, i am going to stroke and fully build the engine so that i can be the first STI into the 10s.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There are no reflashes available for this ECU yet (ECUTEK or other).

There are a few piggyback type setups available right now... Emanage, Unichip, Xede... but none are plug and play.

·
Registered
759 Posts
FasStAsS_sTi said:
I have new valve stem caps. Does that count?

:p

BTW....I AM going with Xede. I will have it installed and dyno'd within 2 weeks!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol hummer! No i mean i was curious as to the crazy size turbos people plan on doin....or whats a moderate size i guess?

Now I really never heard about the xede? can you explain more about it? Im guessen alot or majority of this page is waiting for the utec, which from knowing its capeabilitys i can understand. now what else is nice like that, thats already out? besides the E-manage which i am not to fond of...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts