IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt' find answers from the searches so here it goes

1) i have the oem amp that came with the car (the one that mounts underneath the driver seat) ... is that going to get in the way if I install aftermarket bucket seat since it's to my understanding the seat position will be lower.

2) for people that installed bucket seat for passenger side, where did you guys put the OEM sensor patch (the one that detect if there is weight in the seat)

thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to answer my own question ...

1) if you get an ultralow seat bracket, ur gonna have to remove the OEM amp, just disconnect the wire and remove ... the amp is actually attached to the carpet using double sided tape ... if you have some left over tape on the carpet, just use Goo Gone, comes right off

2) if you switch over to bucket seat on the passenger, ur stuck without the passenger detection sensor =), unless you wanna rip it out of the oem seat and leave it on the floor underneath the bucket seat and put a rock on it to simulate passenger weight

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
#2^^^

Just remove it from the seat (very much a Pain) or do what I did and cut the sensor hose and plug it. You can always place a new connection to go back to stock.

I have lowered my new seats in the car and still have enough room under there for an amp.

·
Registered
250 Posts
to answer my own question ...

2) if you switch over to bucket seat on the passenger, ur stuck without the passenger detection sensor =), unless you wanna rip it out of the oem seat and leave it on the floor underneath the bucket seat and put a rock on it to simulate passenger weight
I wrestled with the bladder and was finally able to pull it out from under the OEM seat and jam it in the new seat. It's pretty rugged so it won't tear. I was nervous the first time I sat in it to check to see if it was still working, and it was fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts