IW STi Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Funks, thank you for a great write up!

I have a questions about step 14 of your instructions on Page1.

You used a non-metric nut to fix the seat belt bolt. But I though that all the hardware in our cars is metric? Or is it just seat belt bold not being metric?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
ERGOMED's installed - the spacers listed above are about perfect for an GR-STI height wise. For power, I ran the wire and used one of those Mini-Fuse pigtail and tapped into the Seat Heater Fuse to power the seat - honestly, it's easier just to TAP onto the center console's cig lighter port using Posi-Taps (the fuse that powers that circuit is rated up to 20 amps, more than enough). No problems with AirBag light with the PnP pigtail.

For people contemplating on buying an ErgoMed, try to snag the All-Powered one which includes power recline, and power bolster adjustments. Unless you got alien fingers / hands, it's very hard to turn the recline knob while seated (not enough space due to pillars). You literally have to get off the seat, move the seat forward, turn it, then get back on the seat - lol.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Looks old school in design and shape. But comfy. Nice work!
Electronically adjustable lumbar support for the win - lol. The bolsters hold me in better than the stock seats. We'll see how I feel after 3 hours of driving to Tahoe later this weekend.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts