IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Thank you!

STi + very stiff suspension + very hard/stiff suspension joints <> cadillac

holy cow. for the first 3 hours, my left hand on the steering wheel, i started to feel some numbness.

so switched to the right hand on the wheel. slightly less numbness started.

for the next few hours, a constant hand switching and switching positions on the steering wheel help.

then i crossed the border from kalifornia to oregon. dayuummmm. the roads there are even worse.

gotta remember to add something to the steering wheel next long drive...

·
Registered
344 Posts
oh come on now.....I used to drive my 323GTX road race car on the street from Kitchener, Ontario to Ottawa, Ontario - a 600km (~350 mile) trip and it wasn't that bad :wink:

Full race suspension - and that's a real race suspension, not one of these silly street things that most hon-duh drivers have.

Stripped interior with cage, 1 bucket and a harness. Only the engine and heater fan to keep me company! :lol:

Eventually you get sick of the engine drone so you just drive faster and faster.....and faster and faster....I seem to remember seeing well over 110mph regularly around Kingston/Belleville where the road gets REAL monotonous.

I remember the first time I did the trip and DIDN'T sit upright in the bucket...man...my back was sore for a week!

Compared to that, my STi is a Cadillac !! So I enjoy every ride in it...

...Sporty

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Funny u mentioned cadillac, I am seriously looking into CTS-V (5.7 V8, 400 hp, 390 torque). Engine taken directly from Z06 Corvette... Size of M5, price of M3...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Subaru Challenge

The First Rides from the various auto mags certainly sound like the CTS-V will be a contender. But we'll have to wait for the actual test drives.

Hope Cadillac will clean up their act as having taken a friend's Cadillac in for servicing, I'm not sure I want to submit a car of mine to Cadillac service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts