IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently redid the connections on my wide band using heat shrink connectors since I’ve been working on my boat and realized the heat shrinks are just better connections then the traditional plastic butt connectors. My question is what happens if I run out of wire by the harness where the gauge power is tapped into say if I had to fix the connection again? How would that be fixed? Would I need a whole new harness? I’m thinking what if. I am curious how that would be fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
either patch it with an extra wire or if soldered then reheat it and let it separate then redo it! heat shrink can just be cut off so its not the end of the world either way!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More wire can be fed into that connector if it was removed? Or would the whole connector itself need to be replaced off a junk car harness or something like that?

·
Registered
336 Posts
the connectors are designed to be able to have the individual wires and connections internally to be replaced, I usually, if I do get to short, take it out and match it to another wire harness, take the individual wire out and feed it back in...I normally hope it doesn't happen but things do still happen and we get to fix em!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I’m assuming you need a special tool to fit into the square port on the backside of the connector to release the wire and feed a new one in??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts