IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently got my car tuned and all of that fun stuff and now im having wide band troubles. So, to start, I was using an old Innovate MTXL wide band, when all of a sudden it started crashing, freezing, going to the E8 code etc. Tried to fix it by replacing the sensor, didn't fix anything. So, I had an AEM I had bought in case the innovate crapped out. Installed it according to the directions and everything. So, now the accessport (rear o2 sensor only) reads off slightly from my actual wideband gauge. The AEM gauge has the values my tuner told me it should have and everything when doing pulls, cruising, and etc. Car isn't acting funny or anything. Completely normal. I searched and couldnt really come up with much of anything to direct me to a possible issue or problem. Since my tuner used the innovate wide band, would the AEM need re-scaled? I did email him about said problem, just waiting to hear back. Figured id see if anyone else has had a similar problem. AEM is brand new as well. No used sensors or anything. I've double checked wiring and it doesn't have a loose connection or anything. Any input would be appreciated! Sorry for such a long and drawn out post. I try to put every detail in if possible lol

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yes, you will need to rescale the sensor

my AEM was off by quite a bit, and even after setting the 0-4.5v to 10.00-20.00 like AEM suggested, it was still wrong.

I had to mess with the lower and higher values to finally get it to set correct.

An easy way to do this, is to set your AP to just read the rear sensor and make it the only gauge you see. Then put it next to your AEM gauge and video both of them with your phone. You can then pause the video and make out the difference between the AP and the AEM. Then make your adjustments there.

I think I had to set it to 9.49:19.49 and 0-4.5v or something, in accesstuner race.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh, thats what I was hoping to hear. I kindly figured it was not anything major at all, but still. Thank you for the info. Whenever my tuner gets back to me, if he doesn't already mention re scaling the sensor, I will mention it to him!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Its a known issue that some AEM WBO2 read at 14.4 at stoich.
However they’re said to be very accurate as regards readings below that...

Exactly how that applies to scaling in logs I’m not sure, apart from maxing out the sensor with fuel on a rag as a maximum rich baseline. Page 2 here:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts