IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found one that I quite like. I was always set on a sedan, but have found a wagon that seems to tick all the other boxes.

I can find plenty of decoders, but maybe someone a bit more learned could see if there's anything special/unique about this particular example?

Please and Thank You!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do (always do)!

I'm just more concerned that I'm paying extra for a "limited edition" when it's not actually, and just a standard STi.

Is there anyway to discern that from any code in that tag/plate image?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked at a few sites/decoders yesterday. Is the car sonic blue still (74F)? One of the sites says only 2 were made in that color and year. Otherwise, 2 of the 3 sites said its a standard STi.

The other site, that has been inaccurate for me on other cars, says its a version VI limited.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for that info.

Here's the colour (see attached image). I always thought that this was Mica Blue.

They're not factory wheel either, are they?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Parts of the engine bay look like the other factory Subaru colour that I've seen (Sonic Blue?).

Is this colour difference normal between these areas/panels, or indication of a respray, or replica attempt?

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Personally I wouldn't pay more for rare. In fact, to me that word is a warning e one. Ser above.sign.

Id pay more for performance, life, and relability. Id have paid more for an S209, just not nearly what they went for. I’d have paud gir its performance. They wanted more for rare. I don't have one. See above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'...here’s another wagon that is said to be sonic blue you can compare Lot 27 - 2000 Subaru Impreza.' - a bit hard for me to compare colours with what could be different lighting, exposure, condition of paint etc. I think it looks the same though.

...and the fact that the car in that link is 1 of 500 - it's the same situation (allegedly) as the one I'm looking at.

That's what I thought would be a draw card for resale value.

I'm not buying it as a regularly driven car, or because it's a "dream car" for me, it's purely (~90% reason) an investment.

Not to say I don't LOVE this generation of WRX, and especially this Blue/Gold colour scheme. Very nostalgic.

From what I've seen (my amateur perspective), these limited WRC runs seem to to sell for a lot more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Again, the paint colour in the engine bay seems to be in contrast to the paint on the outer panels.

Maybe that's normal for this Make/Model? I've just never seen this in any other car (unless it's a respray).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Subaru (at least older models) typically didn’t clear coat the engine bay. Mine looks like primer grey under the hood (car is silver) and hasn’t been resprayed, (same with a few locals who have the same color) So I don’t think that would be anything to worry about. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wouldnt worry about re-spray as Subaru paint isnt the best, engine bay colour is usually different.

Lucky you have EJ207 in subarus where you live that car is a unicorn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts