IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've run into a problem installing AK kit with evo-all bypass into my 08 Sti. I've tried troubleshooting for a few days with no success. Hoping someone here can help me out.

When starting using push start button it cranks for a long time. It barely catches and sometimes requires a 2nd crank. This is using tach mode. Even when using tach less I have to hold crank for a long time also.

Odd thing I noticed is when using the button to go into ignition (engine not running) the Dccd "S" flashes along with cruise but once it starts its fine. I'm not sure if this is related or not. Using the key to go into ignition it does not flash.

I've tried joining both the cars ign 1 and 2 (green/blue) wires together with the AK's green wire and also separately using the AKs ign 1 and 2 with no success.

I also tried turning the key to Ign. When in this position I then push the button to go into acc. As soon as I do this the Dccd light starts flashing.

Using a multimeter. In ign position using button (engine not running) ign1, ign2 and acc all have 12v running through them.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Sounds similar to an issue I had.

First thing is first--the EVO ALL shouldn't have anything to do with this. AK is using it for lock, unlock, etc. The (tachless) system can/will still function without the EVO ALL. Thus is everything to do with your ignition switch wiring.

The factory harness has a wire that has to be hooked to the power while cranking. I don't recall the details off hand but will look into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are you saying there's a wire outside that diagram you needs to be hooked up?

Looking at that diagram I can confirm using a multimeter that the correct wires are seeing power in all positions Inc cranking

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Are you saying there's a wire outside that diagram you needs to be hooked up?

Looking at that diagram I can confirm using a multimeter that the correct wires are seeing power in all positions Inc cranking
No, one of the wires had to be hooked up differently than the schematic and I don't remember the details right now. I just know the car would only start when holding the PSB from completely off through cranking. If cycling through acc-ign-start, it wouldn't go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I have my wiring suggested by AdvancedKeys:

(PSB06) White Positive START <-> Starter 1 (W/B) and Starter 2 (W/R)
(PSB06) Green IGNITION 1 <-> Ignition (Green) and ACC 1 (Blue)
(PSB06) Yellow ACC <-> ACC 2 (Yellow)

Took some clips to show the behavior:
This clip shows me starting the car with key with no problem:
20170510 212756 - YouTube

This one shows the problem i am experiencing:
20170510 215037 - YouTube

It looks like tach isn't programmed properly.
But it's not the case since it also happens in tach programming mode:
20170510 215255 - YouTube

There must be something else im missing as you can see on the 2nd clip. When it fails to start the first time i push the button the DCCD S light comes up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts