IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do some searches over at Nabisco using Worldone as a search parameter for more info on the braces below:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=459887&perpage=50&pagenumber=1

They are supposed to be lighter than stock and provide more rigidity.

WorldOnePerformance.Com said:
The Do Luck 6pt sub frame come in a number of different forms. The brace come in both aluminum and coated steel versions. The brace also comes in a 4pt subframe form or a 6 pt form with added lower arm bar.

The Do Luck components do not work with either the stock sub frame or cusco equipment. The Do Luck subframe in both 4 or 6 pt allows you to use the factory rain guard. Do Luck Japan reccomends that you trim the plastic rain guard in order to have access to the mouting points of the sub frame when the rain guard is installed. Additionally the folks at Do Luck Japan do believe that the stock rain guard has some (albeit little) aero dynamic benefit.

The Do Luck Subframe installs using some factory hardware and some hardware which is supplied. It is a very strong piece and is very ridgid. A quick inspection of the stock frame off of the car reveals that will flex and bow very easily under and sort of stress. Its U-shape is less than optimal for support and any grown man who places his weight upon one end of the U can easily deform the piece permanently.

Aside from being heavy, the stock piece provides little to no support for aggressive driving and certainly leaves a lot of room for improvement. The Do-Luck piece is very solid and the craftmanship is nearly perfect. (The quality of all Do-Luck products is second to none). The braces install quickly and easily. If you are equipped with the propper tools and some short of lift you can have the stock brace off and the Do-Luck piece on in 30 minutes easily.

The subframe with lower arm bar in steel (6pt) weighs in at 6.5lbs and the aluminum version of the same subframe appears to be less than half that weight. However the aluminum version has not been weighed. It is however feather light. Nearly everyone who picked it up at SEMA was simply amazed at the one piece aluminum construction of this piece.

The Steal 6pt subframe which is on the World One STi is coated with a wear resistent coating and is holding up remarkably well underneath the car. It has been ever mountain passes and through sand and gravel and it still looks almost new when cleaned.

It has been said in this thread that the difference that the 6pt brace makes is negligable. I would have to strongly disagree. Those who are familiar with suspension upgrades to the front of a Subaru will find that the 6pt sub frame brace provides more support and regidity then either a front sway bar or a front strut tower brace. Granted these are two modification which don't offer a ton of impact, however the sub frame is truely noticeable.

After installing the subframe all of our staff has noticed that the front of the STI feels much more solid and much more like a single unit. The way that the front of the car handles inconsistencies in the road has changed a great deal. The front wheels feel much more tied together, and behaves in that manner as well. Turn is ability has increased and body roll has decreased. Additionally steering response feels sharper and the car is more willing to accept quick steering inputs.

Here is a picture of the subframe installed on the car (and see the attached picture for a comparison against stock):

Aluminum Floor Bars

Rear-X bar

WorldOnePerformance.Com said:
If there are any more inquiries about Do Luck braces or power assist bars please send them directly to [email protected]

Finally, the our STI is also outfitted with the Do-Luck rear cross bar and do luck floor bars which are also available in both aluminum and steel. Please let me know if you have any question about these braces as well.

These products will be added to our website in the near future.
Sorry to expand your christmas wish lists guys, though these are not cheap.

Nivek

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Yeah, I want the subframe in aluminum. It is freakin' light and will drop some weight off of my slighty heavy girl.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I do track mine occasionally. WorldOne stated that it made a big difference in front-end stiffness. Anyway, I want to lighten her up a little without sacrificing creature comforts like A/C (I live in TX, really hot here in the summer).

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STi_This said:
I doubt the benefits we would see on the street are worth it. Now if you've got a track STi that's another story.
All I was doing was letting everybody know about their options. I never said you should do it. I never said you would notice benefits on the street. It is something that I thought would interest those who like their cars to handle like race cars and those who want to shed a few pounds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
well, the issue with almost all cars isnt if the front end is stiff enough... that is RARELY the problem. The problem is if the chassis will twist, and most of the twisting action is in the cabin. you want to strengthen that part of the car...

but i would like to get my hands on this subframe anyway and possibly run some torsion tests to prove their claims. im just not cool with the "it feels better than stock" claims for chassis stiffening parts, since thats all subjective.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i know that 150 mph on the highway...i need stiff....ha ha get your mind out of the gutter for a second...any part that will make my suby lighter and stiffer i'm interested in...thanks nivek-ca for the info

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chassis stiffness is definitely not something you will notice only on the track. On my subframe Camaro, adding a set of double diamond subframe connectors made a huge difference. The car felt like a single unit going over things like bumps. Plus it kept the rattles down. I took them off to sell the car and it was immediately noticeable.

dc11r,
If you can test any of the Do-Luck bars (subframe, floor bar, or cross bar) that would be great. I think that the bars going horizontally across the car would help with chassis twisting. I'm not sure how good the mounting points are though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im going to say that those horizontal lines would most likely do nothing because they arent triangulated... but who knows, every car reacts differently. but the weight savings is the only attraction i see on this piece.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya nivek that is possible. I could cut the ends and connections with a CNC machine and just order and bend/weld the beams *or tubes* and just weld it all together. Ya aluminum will be nice as that black piece looks really really heavy.

Even looks like a grounding kit in the background :) maybe its a sign!! lol ;) edit:: Then again i look at it and it looks like some thin bars or something? :oops: lol

Also do you have any pricing on any of that stuff, so I kinda know where im in (ballpark wise) and so that I can maybe buy one and see how they fit it up and such.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yea thats an easy self builder! that might just cost a few aluminum bars at like im guessen 50-100 bucks and a 24 pack of beer and some sweet welding skills! ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts