IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed new oxygen sensors in my 2007 subaru impreza wrx limited station wagon will the ecu accept them or I need a scanner to activate or relearn the new oxygen sensors installed ?

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
only issue is are they correct and functional parts.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If they are working correctly, the code will go away. You could disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reset the ECU that way if you want. The codes will be gone and only re-appear if there is a problem with the new sensors.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yeah i a gree with ChefPhil. Do a battery reset after replacing the oxygen sensor. You dont need to activate or relearn anything when replacing a oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah i a gree with ChefPhil. Do a battery reset after replacing the oxygen sensor. You dont need to activate or relearn anything when replacing a oxygen sensor.
So, I replaced the oxygen sensors in my 2002 Outback wagon. Reset the battery. After about 30 minutes or 30 miles, the check engine light comes on with the oxygen sensor code. Changed out again and same thing. So I order new OEM sensors. Same thing. Bought new OEM sensors again with the same thing. That's four times now. Help, please. I'm at a loss!!! Thanks. Neal

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I replaced the oxygen sensors in my 2002 Outback wagon. Reset the battery. After about 30 minutes or 30 miles, the check engine light comes on with the oxygen sensor code. Changed out again and same thing. So I order new OEM sensors. Same thing. Bought new OEM sensors again with the same thing. That's four times now. Help, please. I'm at a loss!!! Thanks. Neal
I'd look at the wires leading to the sensor(s). If they are frayed or the ends not terminated well that can cause the same results as a bad sensor.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Also, you need to be 100% sure the two sensors locations are correct and not mixed up (upstream/downstream). Otherwise. you should not be having any issues unless you accidentally gob on too much anti-seize and contaminate the sensor tip. Like boing said, check the wiring, but mainly for melted insulator or damaged connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, you need to be 100% sure the two sensors locations are correct and not mixed up (upstream/downstream). Otherwise. you should not be having any issues unless you accidentally gob on too much anti-seize and contaminate the sensor tip. Like boing said, check the wiring, but mainly for melted insulator or damaged connector.
Excellent advice, thanks. Will keep you posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts