IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2 inch long 1/2 inch diameter peice of metal in my hood scoop today!!! It left small dents in my intercooler! This has to be a good thing, if it had hit my window, it would have shattered it!

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Who needs a nose deflector when you've got that scoop, huh? :)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Hmm... Makes you wonder... was your car parked somewhere before that where someone could have messed with it?

I've kind of worried that idiots with something to prove might jam something in there.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i always worry that someone might "stick" something into my hoodscoop. my friends like to pretend to put things into mine because they know i really am concerned about it. if they think about it then i imagine some jerk might have the same idea. so, i always take a peek into mine before i drive after leaving my car in a parking lot or other place where there's a chance that someone might mess with it. all the more reason to put on a guard of some sort. if you really think about what would happen if a chunk of metal flew into your intercooler there'd be alot more than some slightly bent fins. i think you would have heard it hit too. my money is on someone putting that metal there on purpose.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the damage on the innercooler, it had to have come from the road

G

·
Finally got my hood scoop grill

How could you not notice a piece of metal flying into your hoodscoop while driving though?

The fins are fairly weak, if the damage is really limited, probably someone threw it in there...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too got some damage to my intercooler ... took a rock while on the highway, before I had an scoop screen. Anyone have any suggestions for straightening out the fins that were dented on the IC? I don't wanna break them, but I would really love to have that dent out....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.