IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't notice it at the LA Auto Show, but looking through their brochures the new 6-speed manual tranny caught my eye...the '03 6-speed will be available February next month :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah - I was actually considering that car... 240 HP!

But it's a lot smaller in real life than it looks in pictures and so forth.

Honda won't give you the manual trans with the 4-door V6 either...

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I noted that too...it's a completely new gear box...at least here in the states anyway. That's gonna be one fast car, but of course I'll take the STi over that any day!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Looking for a fleet purchase I might be able to get in on

:eek: :eek: :eek:

A fun way to kill yourself, and maybe a pretty sure bet at that...

I guess I'm a bit of a weenie, but I haven't made the leap of faith to two wheels yet anyhow...

I'm more of a four wheel vehicle guy - even if only some of them (or none!!) are on the ground at any given time :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Markup imminent if production is limited

The accord is just like every other honda, all hp no torque. Sure that car has 240hp but it is all top-end power. Plus, it is front-wheel drive. Knowing the need for power, speed, and handling from the members of this forum, I wouldn't recommend the accord.

Im with STIObserver, 4 wheels spinning at all times baby! (Well, and the occasional two in the rear is acceptable ;))

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ah yes, the dreaded FWD (don't like it either, given a choice)...

Marine, glad to hear you're with me on the 4-wheel front.

And yes, you are right, Hondas are not torquey... but I have learned to live without torque for now with my Honda del Sol - the VTEC kind of makes up for it a little - but you need to pull a lot of revs. Anyway, I like Hondas in general...

I looked into the Altima as well as the Accord.

The Altima seems pretty impressive from a general standpoint, but I had two major complaints about it:

1) Nissan loves to suck you in with a low MSRP, and then kill you on the options!! If you load up the Altima 3.5 SE, I think you add somewhere between $8K and $12K :x

2) What a cheap-s&*t interior (at least on the '02 model - haven't seen the '03)...

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
STiObserver,
I agree with you. I personally feel that Honda makes THE BEST engines in the world..period. Although the engines in their passenger cars are not torquey, they are great engines that will keep on going and typically they are free-revving engines. I have a 90 Accord DX that although has seen better years keeps on ticking and runs strong.

Best car I've owned from a reliability standpoint. Fun car to drive too.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For that kind of money I'd just as well buy another WRX. Or save up for an STi.

I'd look into the 6-speed Accord as a commuter car...if I had the money to maintain 2 new cars (OK I have 2 right now, but the Civic is paid for. It's all mine :) )

Yep I agree with all that regarding torque, etc. It's fun blowing past hondas and hilarious to hear the fart-can sound affects as they make a poor attempt to keep up! Just yesterday I saw yet another old Honda with a big ass ugly spoiler on the back...geez! It's FWD!! I had to take a picture of it, damn it was silly!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/60638370/60638505ngIGgS

·
Registered
541 Posts
Turbo on the 2004 STi/exchaust on the STi

STiObserver said:
I guess I'm a bit of a weenie, but I haven't made the leap of faith to two wheels yet anyhow...

I'm more of a four wheel vehicle guy - even if only some of them (or none!!) are on the ground at any given time :D
The Tomahawk does have 4 wheels. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts