IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a DP and was anxious to get home and intstall stage 2, however I can't get the accessport to initalize. I've used the darn thing before, but it just will not work this time.

I came inside and plugged it into the wall outlet, and it works just fine! I tripple checked all my connections and I don't see anything wrong with the OB2 Dataport.

ANY THOUGHTS?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Pkskull77 said:
I just got a DP and was anxious to get home and intstall stage 2, however I can't get the accessport to initalize. I've used the darn thing before, but it just will not work this time.

I came inside and plugged it into the wall outlet, and it works just fine! I tripple checked all my connections and I don't see anything wrong with the OB2 Dataport.

ANY THOUGHTS?
Did you connect the green test mode connectors?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm glad I figured out what the issue was, but I was shocked that Cobb would not send me a new cable until they had recieved my old one. :eek:

I understand why they would do such a thing (e.g. scumbags lying about sending the cable etc.), but having to wait 2.5 weeks for a replacement is a pain.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
not really that much of a pain...use your friend's cable to flash your new map while you wait for your new one. What's the problem with that?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
You don't drive around with your AP constantly plugged in do you?

Using your friends cable, flash the map, and wait for your cable to come in. You may not hit peak boost in the first week or so anyway until everything learns.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I do not drive around with my AP plugged in all the time.

I wasn't worried about not hitting peak; my turbo back is very free flowing. I was more concerned with creep and spikes. I drove down to my buddies and data logged with his cable.

The car definitely spikes, and it may be creeping as well. I haven't driven it hard since the flash, as I was worried about these things. I just got the cable today, so I will flash to the LWG map.

In the mean time I have a Cat on order, as I think running catless is just too much flow for the turbo without a pro tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.