IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just trade-in my Limited. And forgot to un-marry my AccessPort. I'm planning on selling it. Is there a way that I can un-marry the AP without the car, or restore the AP back to original state?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Nelson

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
i would guess no....and you should prolly let the dealer know and see if u can go unmarry it, cause its kinda screwin the dealer over sellin the car w/out the EM but w/ a tune....

call cobb and see if u can pay to have em do it?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Your answer is no... Cobb will do it but will charge you somewhere around $300 to do it..

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
march your ass back up to the dealorship and tell them you forgot something in your old car... sneak in the AP and unmarry it

·
Registered
421 Posts
Cobb can unmarry your accessport for about $300, you need to ship the accessport back and they will reset the AP so it can be married to another car. However, this leaves a car with a "locked" ECU that cannot be read out by or re-written SSM or ECUflash.

I would suggest that you go back to the dealer and tell them about it to unmarry your AP.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Go to the dealer and tell them that yu mistakenly left the car's ECU tuned for some modifications that you removed prior to selling it to them. The car may run OK for a while but it's basically a ticking time bomb. It would be a huge disservice to pass the car on to a customer in its current state. Apologies profusely for the oversight and generously volunteer to return the car to stock before it's too late.

And remember, keep apologizing to them for putting them into this awkward position. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
so I wrecked my 14 and have a 19 never unmarried the wax now I have the ap and my sti but no way to unmarried and cobb hasn't answered me in two weeks consider my self s.o.l ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts