IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does installing the accessport stg maps into an 09 sti cause the SI-drive (switches btwn intelligent/efficient I, S mode and S# full power mode) to become non functional? And when in I mode the car shows a shift light to tell u the most efficient time to shift, does that still work and is it accurate after flashing?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If I am not mistaken you can have the them tune your car to whichever mode your want selected. I am sure someone can confirm.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Higher boost goal in S#, otherwise i think it functions similarly to stock SI drive.
I've noted though that boost response is augmented and more urgent in S# after the COBB reflash. -RL

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a similar question no one seems to know. Searched this site and found this and only this.

So you cobb your new better map on the car... then this new map will be used by the SI drive to select from 3 different throttle urgencies?

OR does this new map replace one of those 3 SI drive tunes?

No answers to those two then what about this... WHAT happens to the SI drive when you upload a new map with your COBB accessport?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
it works same as it did previously.
think of the new map as scaled up in terms of boost but the si functionality works fine.

i dunno how 'i' boosts cause i never use it but s and s# will boost the same but with the different throttle feel, basically like stock just more boost.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Cobb's maps do not disable SI-Drive but the three tables are modified for snappier throttle response. The I-mode indicator still works as that isn't a function of the table but the ECU logic - I'm 99% sure I've seen mine flash with my Protuned map.

·
Under Moderated
3,058 Posts
Every functionality of the SI-Drive system works. I'm stg 1, and have played with each mode trying to figure out which is best for around town and on the highway - we all know which is best for spirited driving ; )

After being used to the stg 1 map for 5-6kmi I flashed back to stock to see if I could tell the difference. I stalled twice driving in I-mode, and noticed the throttle response of the other two modes were not as refined. While this was probably partially due to not being used to it, I do remember clearly the smile I had on my face the first day after flashing stg 1 initially so who knows.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Greetings!

To answer everyone's question; The SI Drive only changes the throttle inputs/values not actual mapping. With that said when flashing your ECU with any tune and changing the SI Drive styles the system will still work as normal and makes the adjustments accordingly.

You can get your car custom tuned with any of the functions active too.

Cheers

·
Registered
541 Posts
Greetings!

To answer everyone's question; The SI Drive only changes the throttle inputs/values not actual mapping. With that said when flashing your ECU with any tune and changing the SI Drive styles the system will still work as normal and makes the adjustments accordingly.

Cheers
only each map yields more power, the I-setting feels faster then the stock s# :D. it is also possible to have your s mode to act like your #s mode, with access tuner race, just copy #s throttle values into the s chart.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Greetings!

Cheers
only each map yields more power, the I-setting feels faster then the stock s# :D. it is also possible to have your s mode to act like your #s mode, with access tuner race, i think you can just copy #s throttle values into the s chart.

·
Registered
541 Posts
... it is also possible to have your s mode to act like your #s mode, with access tuner race, i think you can just copy #s throttle values into the s chart.
i tried what i said and it is not acting like i expected ???? is there a way to actually make s to be exactly like s#? i copied only the throttle requested torque values from s# to s, hoping s would act like s#. did i forget something?

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
i tried what i said and it is not acting like i expected ???? is there a way to actually make s to be exactly like s#? i copied only the throttle requested torque values from s# to s, hoping s would act like s#. did i forget something?
When you flashed the updated map, did you select real-time or reflash? The throttle tables are reflash only tables, so you have to do a full reflash for them to take effect. Obviously, you'll also have to drive around for a bit until the throttle feels normal again.

I changed Sport to be OEM S# and S# to be a bit more aggressive in the low end throttle response.

·
Registered
541 Posts
so it works! is there anything else to change other than throttle requested torque tables?

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
so it works! is there anything else to change other than throttle requested torque tables?

thanks
If you just want to change the throttle feel without affecting the tune, then not really. You can also improve the car's throttle response by altering ignition, intake/exhaust cam advance/retard, and boost table/WGDC of course.

If you wanted to make all the throttle tables more sensitive without doing much work you could modify the requested torque base table values. Just increase each cell by 5% or so which will change the calculated ratio (requested torque/requested torque base) that is used to lookup the throttle plate angle in the corresponding Throttle Angle table. I don't recommend this approach though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
10-year old thread revival as my first post. Hopefully I won't get banned.

I have an 07 Outback XT. Will this work for my car? I'm still learning how much overlap there is between models. I'm just now preparing to e-tune for the first time.

·
Super Moderator
8,387 Posts
If you have SI drive, you can utilize it for "essentially" running different boost maps. I regularly set them up as:

I = Wastegate Spring
S = Medium Boost
S# = High Boost

Your E-tune has likely, at some point, been built off a Cobb map, so this feature will probably be active to some extent by limiting requested torque in the various SI modes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most of what I've read here and elsewhere seemed to indicate that the modes just changed the throttle response. Is this actually three different levels of boost or just acts like it?

Another question: is there any way to disable boost in I mode?

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts