IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem:
ABS light comes on and the lowest DCCD setting (all the way down/back/open) light is blinking.
This has happened about 2 times after I been sitting in the car for a long time while car was not moving and ideling.
For the first time today it happened as I was lightly crusing.
The lights come on and stay on until I shut the car down (turn off the car) and turng it back on. And it goes away.
In all 3 instances it has been while I have had my laptop connected and monitoring/logging parameters using the Cobb StreeTUNER software. (Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the problem)

Did you search?

Yes

What you found:

I had,It was at the dealer for 2 months finally they found it to be a deffective harness (wire) there are two on the STI the main one and the 2nd one comes of the main and down to the center diff+ trnny,were the harness plugs together the pins were not going in the holes,just bending flat.Had to get new harness installed.Also it could be bad abs sensor wich the dccd uses.good luck!!Oh ya it was pins 9 and 11 on the module that plugs to the harness that were lose(bent not connecting),if this helps the diagnose.

AND

If you have a abs wheel speed senor problem/fault your dccd will go into a fault mode as well. so if you got your dccd falshing and your abs lights falshing your probably got a bad abs wheel speed sensor problem.

What can we do to help:

I like to hear suggestions on DIY procedure to diagnoise the problem and maybe even remedy it (i.e. buy and replace ABS sensor)

Did you read the owners manual? What did it say?:

Yes. It says when the ABS light comes on while driving and does not go away; ABS is malfunctioning visit the Subaru dealer. When DCCD light flashes the DCCD is disabled and malfunctioning visit the Subaru dealer.

Car still under warranty? Take it to the dealer?

I like to resort to that option last. Not only the car is modified heavily but I do not trust any dealers around.

How about local shop experts?
Yes I am open to that. Chime in.

Thank you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha thanx dudes....i myself don't mind dabeling in off-topic and having fun every now and then but its nice to be professional in the technical sections of the forum :)

Cheers and thanx for the bump!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Morning Bump

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Does your car make noises from the front diff or anything? One time I pulled my ABS fuse and the front diff made bad noises in auto mode and anywhere near lock in manual mode.

You are right, ABS wheel speed sensor is something the DCCD uses...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mmm...not really....

Again thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
yeah so how can we help now? seem you know what it is??? :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know for sure yet. But basically how I go about diganosing the ABS system? Checking the sensors, wiring etc...

·
Registered
4,545 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ Thank you sir :)

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
i had this happen when i didn't have my STi tuned with all my new parts... just to through it out there have you tryed to re-laod your pro tune map :confused:.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
I had this exact problem when I bought my brand new STi in July of '04 (which I posted about here when this site was called ImprezaWrxSti.com.) After two weeks of driving my new STi, I started to have a problem where my ABS light/flashing DCCD light would come on, seemingly randomly. Sometimes it would happen on startup, sometimes while driving, other times while sitting still at a light. The error condition wouldn't clear itself until I restarted the car.

Initially, the dealership tried replacing my yaw-rate/G-sensor, which didn't work. After another week of fiddling around and diagnostics they finally tried replacing the DCCD control module, which is tied into the ABS CM and DCCD sensors. The new DCCD CM solved my problem. The DCCD CM is attached to the back of the glovebox and has two honking wire bundles feeding into it. You could try to see if anything is loose there or have them replace the DCCD CM.

Best of luck...it's definitely a very annoying problem isn't it? :D

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
main said:
this happens to me too.. I just ignore it.. sorry can't help
Why would you ignore it? When the DCCD light is flashing the DCCD sets itself to full-open, i.e. as though you rolled the DCCD dial all the way back. ABS is also disabled and you can lockup the wheels with the Brembos in a heartbeat. If you have it happen randomly, this is NOT a good thing, especially if you are driving spiritedly and the car's dynamics suddenly change mid corner. I wouldn't ignore that...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts