IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was installing an amp and had the battery disconnected for a couple of hours. Hooked it back up and my ABS light is now on. Tested it with some heavy braking and it isn't working at all.

Anyone know how to reset this or iss there maybe a dedicated fuse for the ABS that I might have blown? Just hoping I don't have to take it in to the shop. Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
there should be a abs fuse. I have had mine come on 3 times now. usually when fooling around in snow and stuff. but anyways I usually turn the car off and back on and there is no more light. if that doesnt reset it look for the fuse. there is really no reason that it should have blown unless you shorted something out when you were hooking the amp up.. the abs control box is under the radio. check to see that you didnt pull any wires out or crimp them by accident when you were running your amp wires

·
Registered
834 Posts
b0n3z said:
That's strange - on my STi it's behind my glovebox.

-Ken (aka b0n3z)

NewGenSTi said:
the abs control box is under the radio.
ahh, I think you are right. I think I am thinking of the airbag box.. sorry my bad. I do recall it saying something about srs on it. sorry I wasnt thinking right when I posted that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I see the box you guys are talking about. Silver box attached to the back of the glove box. We did take all that apart when we routed the rca cables and my "buddy" :) unscrewed the box from the glovebox rather than just disconnect the cable. I think it is possible he re-attached it upside down. If that was the case would it not work because of some kind of g-force meter inside of it?

Right now the cables going into the silver box are on the bottom of it. Is that the correct position or is the abs box upside down?

Kind of funny the more I think about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts