IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
calling all photos and wallpapers...

well i found a local place that seems to be reputable and sells all the goodies i have been reading about here.
i am getting:
perrin pulley ($130)
perrin oil catch can ($100 something i think)
looking @ a couple diff exhausts and this is where the questions come in.
they have: turboxs, blitz, b&b, perrin, aps, and one other really weird looking one. edit: bpm is the brand

i live in mass. where we have inspections yearly so i prolly need to go with a high flow cat option, or i have to swap it out once a year for inspection.
they recommend the turbo xs.
i heard one installed with a ti muffler and catless dp. it was pretty friggen loud.
not sure if i like the sound, and i am not big on the angled muffler.
i also just listened to a sound clip of a b&b exhaust on vivid's site and i like that sound much better. but that only comes in catless version

given my situation, what are some opinions or experiences you guys can offer me regarding exhausts. (yes, i have searched, searched, and researched this site extensively)

i could also get the blitz nur spec cat back and pick out a separate downpipe. i like the looks of the blitz, but haven't heard it.

also, they suggested i forgo the sai for now as their experience has been mild torque gains only, but in some cases a loss in hp.
if this is the consensus will prolly just remove the resonator and throw in a perrin foam filter too.

thanks for any forthcoming help...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Go onto NASIOC in the vendor for sale section. Nino (NinoAutomotiveAccessories) is selling the crank pulley for $100 and I just got a catch can from him for $100 shipped.

EDIT: Nevermind, he is sold out.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
also with the exhaust, i personally have always loved the blitz, i REALLY loved the blitz for the supra as well. Mine comes in friday and I'll let you know how it sounds and such, as Im sure it'll be awsome. The performance for the supra's blitz was up there and better then most exhausts. Good luck with your hunting and let us know how it goes!

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eibach Pro kit from tire rack

i have not seen any performance numbers for the b&b exhaust.
after calling them direct they assured me i should see approx 29 hp with the catless tbe.
it's different which is kinda good. most sti owners at this shop have gone with the turboxs, so i want to be a bit different

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
The only problem with a TBE is boost creep. I have read numerous people that have experienced this. I have read to only get a DP for now or have your turbo ported and poilished. I think Deadbolt on NASIOC is advertising about doing this service. Just something else to think about.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i'm goin with the hks cat-less downpipe and the blitz spec r...cat back...not too loud...but loud enough....shouldnt have boost creep cause i'm keepin one cat......omori/defi gaugepack too....joy thanks chris for throwin me to xxtuning.com thorn too :wink:

·
Registered
357 Posts
You WILL have boost creep. We already tested this many many times. You can install downpipe or cat back but if you have both you wil have boost creep. Even if you have a cat in there it seems to be a problem. If you must have both pleas eport the turbo to avoid engine damage. Keep in mind that I'm making over 312 whp with stock exhaust. None of my staged packages include an exhaust for this very reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts