IW STi Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I just got off the phone with the dealer and they are saying car checked out fine. (prolly a BS)
but to keep me as a happy customer, they are offering to give me this STi with no additional cost.

Car looks pretty much stock and has about 2800 miles less. Only minus I see is no fog and all weather mats. And some aftermarket parts

Need advice guys!!!

Used 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI For Sale in Tyson's Corner & Vienna, VA |

I just got off the phone with the dealer and they are saying car checked out fine. (prolly a BS)
but to keep me as a happy customer, they are offering to give me this STi with no additional cost.

Car looks pretty much stock and has about 2800 miles less. Only minus I see is no fog and all weather mats. And some aftermarket parts

Need advice guys!!!

Used 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI For Sale in Tyson's Corner & Vienna, VA |
what color was the first one you got? do you like the World rally blue? does the new one look modded at all? make sure you get it checked out BEFORE you get it this time!

you mentioned the first one had a cobb heatshield which usually indicates it had an aftermarket downpipe

fogs you can add yourself afterwards and AW mats are always being sold used on these forums

how are the tires on the new car? the brakes? make sure you do a test drive before you buy it obviously

What aftermarket parts are there on the car? Be cautious about buying a car that's had work done to it with no receipts or record where said work was done. A lot of us do our own upgrades and if someone doesn't know what they're doing you have now inherited their shoddy job.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
what color was the first one you got? do you like the World rally blue? does the new one look modded at all? make sure you get it checked out BEFORE you get it this time!

you mentioned the first one had a cobb heatshield which usually indicates it had an aftermarket downpipe

fogs you can add yourself afterwards and AW mats are always being sold used on these forums

how are the tires on the new car? the brakes? make sure you do a test drive before you buy it obviously
First one is Aspen White Pearl. I do like WRB as well. (I studied color acronyms lol:D)

That's what Matt and his guy told me after the inspection at Mach V :(
They think car was modded pretty heavy before. stupid noob that I am, I didn't know! :mad:

Tires are good. Way better than the first one. Should be able to see the picture on the webpage. Didn't get to look at brakes much but I am going to when I go for test drive either tonight or tomorrow.

oh another thing I wanted to ask. Should I ask for compression test result just so I can see what numbers they came up with? Also to make sure they actually did the job?

Thanks!!!

If the place you personally had the compression test done at said those numbers you need to believe them. They have nothing to gain by lying like the dealer would. If it were me I would go with the one that was not modded at all, less miles, and have the tests done on this car then drive home happy knowin you can romp on it and not be worried. Plus you can add whatever mods you want and not deal w the problems from someone else's modded car that they may have not known what they were doing.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
If the place you personally had the compression test done at said those numbers you need to believe them. They have nothing to gain by lying like the dealer would. If it were me I would go with the one that was not modded at all, less miles, and have the tests done on this car then drive home happy knowin you can romp on it and not be worried. Plus you can add whatever mods you want and not deal w the problems from someone else's modded car that they may have not known what they were doing.

That's not bad price. Take a look as others said compression to see all are firing and working correctly. Also some members have gotten stress test done on the engine, don't know how they've done it. But anyways!
Thanks for your input!! I agree with you and I am going to go for a test drive around 7pm. :D

Going to take it to the same place I got the compression test done at. Hopefully tomorrow. Maybe I can get some discount this time for bringing 2 cars in one week lol ($90 for pre-purchase inspection and $180 for compression test..... :()

First one is Aspen White Pearl. I do like WRB as well. (I studied color acronyms lol:D)

That's what Matt and his guy told me after the inspection at Mach V :(
They think car was modded pretty heavy before. stupid noob that I am, I didn't know! :mad:

Tires are good. Way better than the first one. Should be able to see the picture on the webpage. Didn't get to look at brakes much but I am going to when I go for test drive either tonight or tomorrow.

oh another thing I wanted to ask. Should I ask for compression test result just so I can see what numbers they came up with? Also to make sure they actually did the job?

Thanks!!!
who is doing the compression test on the WRB car? of course you should always ask for result! isn't that the point? :lol: wherever you take the car to, have them look over the car if you're not familiar to see if it's mostly unadulterated. like the previous post says - a lot of people mod these things and half of us aren't really all that experienced with it.

i looked at the pics from the dealer site for the WRB car but couldn't see what brand tires it has - if they're some cheap brand i would take that into consideration. also, have you considered any 2011 models? depending on how much you want to dump into either car with mods, the 2011+ facelift cars have better suspension and a couple other differences - IMO worth the couple thousand dollars in price. expand your search! a lot of people tend to look within a few dozen miles of where they live but you'll find a lot more options if you're willing to travel. it may be a hassle to pick it up but it's a perfect chance to get to know your car better! make the salesperson earn their commission! ask for detailed photos of EVERYTHING so you don't drive there and find the car not in the condition expected.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
who is doing the compression test on the WRB car? of course you should always ask for result! isn't that the point? :lol: wherever you take the car to, have them look over the car if you're not familiar to see if it's mostly unadulterated. like the previous post says - a lot of people mod these things and half of us aren't really all that experienced with it.

i looked at the pics from the dealer site for the WRB car but couldn't see what brand tires it has - if they're some cheap brand i would take that into consideration. also, have you considered any 2011 models? depending on how much you want to dump into either car with mods, the 2011+ facelift cars have better suspension and a couple other differences - IMO worth the couple thousand dollars in price. expand your search! a lot of people tend to look within a few dozen miles of where they live but you'll find a lot more options if you're willing to travel. it may be a hassle to pick it up but it's a perfect chance to get to know your car better! make the salesperson earn their commission! ask for detailed photos of EVERYTHING so you don't drive there and find the car not in the condition expected.
I love 2011+ fronts and I did want to look at some but they were kinda out of my budget :(
I paid $26k for this and they are giving me the WRB fro same price.
Oh and compression test hasn't been done on WRB. I got the compression test done for AWP at reputable local shop here in VA called Mach V. Matt was great to work with. :tup:

I am trying to get the test done on WRB tomorrow before I fork over the rest of downpayment.

Good luck Tae, ...may want to ask or push the Subaru dealer for a Subaru Certified Warranty which I believe goes up to 100k miles. WRB is a great color choice : )
Thanks for the info! I will try that! :)

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Just got done with test drive of WRB. Feels soooooo much nicer and stronger than the AWP I originally purchased. I'm taking this home! I will miss the fogs but oh well. :)

Thanks all for your input and advice!! Will post pix soon!!

Re: Re: About to become a STi noobie

Just got done with test drive of WRB. Feels soooooo much nicer and stronger than the AWP I originally purchased. I'm taking this home! I will miss the fogs but oh well. :)

Thanks all for your input and advice!! Will post pix soon!!
Did you do the compression and leak down tests?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.