IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im currently looking for a rear axle right now
i have spoken to many shops around here in the bay area that especialize on subys

i was wondering does 04 05 06 all have the same rear axle
no shop can answere that for me here in the bay

and i have spoken to couple of people and they told me that the 04 rear axle will not work for the 05 06 sti
another person also said that they are all different 04 05 06s

anyone with a correct info
i need to know asap
becuz i jus found a used axle
and im sure this thread will help people looking for rear axle

thanx

sean

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nhsilversti said:
as far as i know the 04 axle will work on the 05 or 06 but, the 05 and 06 will not work on the 04. this may sound strange i know, the 05 and 06's are 1/4" longer if im not mistaken.
wow thats crazy

anyone else with a good info

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nhsilversti said:
as far as i know the 04 axle will work on the 05 or 06 but, the 05 and 06 will not work on the 04. this may sound strange i know, the 05 and 06's are 1/4" longer if im not mistaken.
how can that be that 05 06 will not work for the 04.......... and the 04 will work on the 05 06 ?

anyone else

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
13onesti said:
how can that be that 05 06 will not work for the 04.......... and the 04 will work on the 05 06 ?

anyone else
maybe because you didnt read the last few words of my post. if i am not mistaken, the 05 and 06 axles are 1/4" longer than the 04. if you were to put those in the 04 rear hubs they could/will bind under certain conditions.

again "if i am not making a mistake"

i do know you can convert from 04 to 06 hubs and not have to replace the rear axles due to the lateral links length not being changed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the 04 axles are smaller and lock into the diff differently than 05-06. 04 uses a roll pin that you have to punch out that holds the axle in and the 05-06 just snap in with the lock ring inside the diff. so, they will not work at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.