IW STi Forum banner

A Feel Good Article

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Vader2k 
#1 ·
Just a little Feel Good Article for all us WRX STI owners. If you can, pick up the Sept. issue of Import Tunner and read the article " 4 DAYS IN THE STI from the Dyno to the Dirt." This guy kicks some serious butt in southern CA; he beats EVOS and just about everything else he goes up against.

#3 ·
I read that article and couldn't believe that the author has a job at a published magazine. His grammar and spelling are as bad or worse than most on this message board. I was disappointed that he didn't have the patience to really give the autocross a chance and that he was all about drag racing the STi. We all now it's really not a drag racer.

I guess I was expecting more. Maybe I could write an article about the first few days I had my STi and get it published. hmmmmm

#4 ·
In defense of message boards: we have no editors or spell check (nor are we paid to write).

I have noticed this trend in many publication recently. Maybe they are trying to connect more with the common folk, without realizing that the common folk are in fact very well educated and typically see this type of quality as offensive.

#5 ·
I agree with you crazy... If you look at the demographics of the average guy that buy's an STi... it tends to be an upper middle class guy with education behind him... Just because we can't spell doesn't mean that we don't notice poor spelling and grammer.

#10 ·
this article was written a few months ago when the press cars were being handed out to the press.

around may, i started to see post with pixs of the blue car around qualcomm drags.

and yes, IMPORT TUNER tends to use some words magazines like TIME would never...

so grammer and spelling aside, the article was written by someone who couldnt give a damn about car. chances are it wasnt even over the 1k mile mark.

#11 ·
Xman said:
I read that article and couldn't believe that the author has a job at a published magazine. His grammar and spelling are as bad or worse than most on this message board. I was disappointed that he didn't have the patience to really give the autocross a chance and that he was all about drag racing the STi. We all now it's really not a drag racer.

I guess I was expecting more. Maybe I could write an article about the first few days I had my STi and get it published. hmmmmm
wow... i just re-read that article.

you're right. the dude is a moron.

"excepted" for "accepted." not once... but twice! so it wasn't a clumsy error.

and "to" when he meant to use "too"...

i'm writing them an email. i didnt mind when he used "cuz" since that is slang, and i "accepted" that from them...

#12 ·
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I can reed and right farly well, it's just my typeing is not verry good.
..lol... hehehe.... typos happen. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.