IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is my second post on my streettuner a/f ratio problem. I have a 20g with all the supporting mods, sard 850 injecs etc.. now I have the scalar correct (3160) but I am still bogging out a lot. When I check the primary fuel table, am I making the right analysis by saying at lower load, the maf voltage reading should have an a/f ratio near 14:1?? As load increases, the a/f ratios decrease going to almost 10.2:1? So that means that the car is running richer with higher load and at higher rpms? At lower loads, maf voltage around 1.2-1.5 I notice a lot of bogging then it opens up at little higher loads and then the top end sputters out and the turbo can't spool higher boost?? What could be causing this problem other than me drowning my cylinders out with fuel? Could I check anything else to help aid in this problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Can you find someone's wideband to use while you are tuning? If you dont have a wideband, you are playing with fire, trying to tune or troubleshoot a car.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Im going to guess he has a wideband since he said it was running 10.2:1 and the stock narrowband wont read past 11.2:1. With that being said, when I was running pump gas, I had 12.14:1 spec in my primary fuel table at the higher rpm and load range to run a 11.1:1 afr and a 12.22:1 in mid rpm range high load to run the same. Start off with a higher afr say 11.6~11.8:1 and see how the wideband reads and adjust accordingly. Log you calc load, rpm, and wideband to tune accordingly. Make sure your load columns are scale accordingly as well. You can also go about it by tuning your injector scaler/latency and your intake calibration to get the spec. afr closer to your actual afr. Hope that help, you can use cobb's tuning guide for more help which is ver detailed in how to tune these items.
http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31091

1 - 3 of 3 Posts