IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i noticed yesterday the AC wasnt working but all the other controls were... the AC button still pushes down and lights up but i dont hear/feel the AC compressor kicking in...

i checked the fuse and it seems fine, does anybody else know what could be going on or what i should look for??? thnx in advance..

i will try out ur suggestions when i get back from my trip...

-jacky

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
might have missed a connector

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thnx for the replies... the weird thing is, there are two main white plugs that go into the board and that other smaller plug that im guessing is the cabin temp sensor... the other two im sure i was careful in reconnecting, could either connector be for just the AC?? i will try and tear it apart tomorrow to check it out...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, wasnt a loose connection... anybody have a clue what it could be?

maybe i should just say screw it and bring it into a dealer with the mod done...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think something other than the illum fuse got fried as well.... i posted a problem i had after the negative lead coming out of the last led came off the pin and touched the positive one... i blew the illum fuse needless to say.

its just odd that all the other controls are working but not the AC... im just trying to figure out where the other AC components are so i can figure out where the source of the problem is, i wish i had a spare circuit board so i can see if it is fact fried...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, it just sux... i hope i can find a not so painstaking resolution in terms of $$$. well at least it looks purdy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think there is a relay for the ac system after the fuse. The fuse should have blown before hurting your relay (If it is there), wasy way to check is many relays are the same, just swap a different one in its spot and see if it works.

Also, there is a tiny plastic button inside the knob that controls the AC, are you sure you didnt drop the button upon reassembly?

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Get rid of the AC. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
asf, yep the relay was fine and i took the knob off and was manually pushing the button... luckily i threw in a diff circuit board and the ac fired right up... thnx!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts