IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i've been reading through the forums for quite some time now. information is great and its nice to know that everyones here to help. :)

but anyway, yesterday i was out with a friend and he was asking me simple questions about my sti. after that he asked if i had "pushed it" yet. and yes i have since i have about 1400 miles on it right now. then he said "what?! you arent supposed to till 3000 miles!" and i then i just told him that the dealer and manual said to wait till 1000. he said "thats what they tell you, but it should be 3000. ok so i dont know where he is coming from with that, cuz i havent heard of any break-in mileage that high. and in my mind i would think that the ECU would get accustomed to a soft pedal if i were to wait 3000 miles before taking it above 4k rpm. so you think you guys could help me out a bit on this one? thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
1000 is plenty, and show your friend that link with a theory where cars get broken in in 1 day by revving it, then revving it higher, break and revving it high again..
Don't worry, your car is broken it, so enjoy it to the fullest potential, and tell your friend to go agrue with SOA, Subaru of Japan and Subaru mechanics, if he is really into arguing..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amdmaxx said:
1000 is plenty, and show your friend that link with a theory where cars get broken in in 1 day by revving it, then revving it higher, break and revving it high again..
Don't worry, your car is broken it, so enjoy it to the fullest potential, and tell your friend to go agrue with SOA, Subaru of Japan and Subaru mechanics, if he is really into arguing..
hehe, thanx a lot amd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
983 Posts
i'd say only a honda dealer will tell u to break in at 3k...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
Re: Check Engine Light. Help!

mysticgohan said:
hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i've been reading through the forums for quite some time now. information is great and its nice to know that everyones here to help. :)

but anyway, yesterday i was out with a friend and he was asking me simple questions about my sti. after that he asked if i had "pushed it" yet. and yes i have since i have about 1400 miles on it right now. then he said "what?! you arent supposed to till 3000 miles!" and i then i just told him that the dealer and manual said to wait till 1000. he said "thats what they tell you, but it should be 3000. ok so i dont know where he is coming from with that, cuz i havent heard of any break-in mileage that high. and in my mind i would think that the ECU would get accustomed to a soft pedal if i were to wait 3000 miles before taking it above 4k rpm. so you think you guys could help me out a bit on this one? thanks
Your friend is a moron - sorry : )

-st
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Yeah, 1000.

My STi only has 200kms on it, and I just showed dad the new car and he insisted on trying it out. I purposely set the rev alarm to 4000rpm cause I know how he drives...told him to keep it under...

We get out and he takes it to 6000+ multiple times :(
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
No harm done in the occasional high rev. Has long as it's not sustained for a long period no harm done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
983 Posts
googe said:
Yeah, 1000.

My STi only has 200kms on it, and I just showed dad the new car and he insisted on trying it out. I purposely set the rev alarm to 4000rpm cause I know how he drives...told him to keep it under...

We get out and he takes it to 6000+ multiple times :(
You have a really cool dad indeed. My dad used to drive sports car too when he was young but he's out of the game for a long long time.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top