IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: No more waiting for others to sign up, when you pay, your order will ship out within 72 hours or so from Japan. This is only offered through the month of April and is subject to change at any time due to fluctuations in the JAPANESE YEN.

What do I get in this brand new complete fog light package?

What you will receive are all the necessary parts for installation including:
  • 1. JDM fog light kit (lights, switch, bolts, brackets, and light relay)
    2. JDM fog trim/surround (prepainted by Subaru in your factory color)
    3. JDM lightweight bumper beam (15+lbs lighter than stock!!!)****
    4. JDM energy absorber for the lightweight bumper beam.
You can order the fog light trim and fog light kit separately, see below for more details. Also, scroll down about 11 posts to see what the package and contents will look like when it arrives.

****Legal disclaimer: This piece is considered and sold for off road use only*

Here is a photo of a silver STI with the JDM fog light package installed. Scroll down to the bottom for more pictures. If anyone has any more pictures of the JDM fog lights installed, then let me know and I can get post them:

(thanks CREOWRX)

Send me a PM to arrange payment. You MUST Include your name, phone number (home & work), and email address, the color of your car and the fogs you prefer.

Will I have to buy anything else and will it work with my car?
You will not have to buy anything else to make this work. These will fit MY04 USDM WRXs (& Wagons) & USDM STIs. This unit is plug and play since your cars come prewired.

Can I buy these through the Subaru dealerships in the United States?

No, these are not available through US dealerships.

How can payment be made?

If you want to use a credit card and pay by paypal, then please add 3.1% to cover fees. If you have verified funds/cash and want to use paypal, then there is no fee.

If you have any questions, you can email me direct at [email protected] or leave me a message on our machine 310-657-0428.

When will I receive the package?

After I receive payment from you, I will place an order with Japan in 1-2 days. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. I will send you a tracking number when I receive it from Japan.

Do I need the JDM beam and energy absorber?

No, but the JDM beam is specifically designed to accommodate the JDM fog lights. To use your factory beam will require a slight modification to fit the JDM Fog Lights. I cannot advise you on how to perform such an alteration because I have never had the opportunity to do so. If you do not want the JDM bumper beam, I can get you the fog light kit less the beam and energy absorber. Email me for separate pricing. Generally I can get this for less than $406 shipped. As with any other modification, the JDM beam is for off road use only.

If you want to see the difference between the JDM and USDM beam, here is a photo with the USDM beam on top and JDM beam on the bottom:

[supplied by CreoWRX]

Is there really a noticeable improvement in performance from the JDM beam?

Removal of weight off the front end of your vehicle especially in that area before the front wheels will yield a significant handling improvement. But do not believe me, here is what another imprezawrxsti.com member had to say about the benefits of the beam at: http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=65388#65388[/b]

olappa said:
BIG BIG DIFFERENCE in left to right movement, and decreased understeer too. Just to get an idea of what that weight is like, hold a 25 lb sack of potatoes in your arms and try to shimmy your body side to side - then try that same move without the 25 lbs.....While the STi weighs considerably more than the average man, the inertial effect of heavier USDM bumper beam is still significant and can be felt immediately when swapped for the JDM Beam.
Can I order the fog lights and facia, OR the beam and energy absorber separately?

Yes, contact me for pricing.

How do I install this package, is it easy?

Installation is not difficult. I will send you a link with photos and instructions or you can follow the pictures in the instructions that come with it.

What do the fog light colors look like?

Clear (suggested for fog)

Blue fog lights (suggested for rain)

Multicolor fog lights (recommended for snow unless you just like the way it looks)

[/list]

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is 10-15lbs, but I have heard some say 25lbs.

I know the JDM weighs just over 10 lbs because I weighed it before shipping them out in the last group buy. Whatever the weight difference, there is noticeable inprovement in handling according to those that have installed them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
With the blue and multicolored... what does the light projected on the ground look like.. is it blue with the blue fogs and what about the multicolored? Or is it only the glass that is colored?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Off-Topic moderator please lock beat by mustang thread

Kevin,

We spoke on the phone yesterday. I finally set up this account.

Count me in for the second group buy!

What do I need to do next?

-Kip

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Nivek-CA said:
Here is the best I could put together for now.
Is that an STi (the white Impreza)??? I love that setup... low profile wing, hood scoop, body kit... or is it just a wrx? Thanks! I hope to get in on this kevin, im gathering funds as well.

Robert~

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am now able to offer direct shipping from Japan and can offer the group buy price on individual orders. In other words, I am accepting orders on the fog lights and as payments come in the parts will ship within a few days from Japan.

For those that have paid me for group buy orders, I will be submitting the order to Japan tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cannot offer the bumper beam and energy absorber at a competitive price due to the cost of shipping from Japan. It only makes sense as a complete package. You could always sell the fogs and facia...

·
Registered
120 Posts
All orders will be shipped from Japan and arrive at your door generally looking like this:

Even traveling internationally the box gets dented and requires lots of packaging (see bumper beam pic to see how much packaging):

You get everything that makes this plug and play:

The bumper beam & energy absorber:

Fog Lights (you pick your color):

Fog Facia:

Fog light brackets and bolts, the fog light switch and the relay:

Along with full documentation with pictures on how to install it:

It looks so clean when installed:

What are you waiting for?

Many thanks to CREOWRX and TREYS....

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FYI, I got a chance to weigh both the stock bumper beam and the JDM bumper beam. Stock weighed in the ~27-28 lb territory on a bathroom scale while the JDM bumper beam weighed 11.5-11.9 lbs on a certified UPS scale, so you can expect to shed 15 lbs off the nose of the car for those of you that really are looking to make your STIs handle better.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Any pics of the multicolored on blue?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Nivek-CA said:
Do I need the JDM beam and energy absorber?

No, but the JDM beam is specifically designed to accommodate the JDM fog lights. To use your factory beam will require a slight modification to fit the JDM Fog Lights. I cannot advise you on how to perform such an alteration because I have never had the opportunity to do so. If you do not want the JDM bumper beam, I can get you the fog light kit less the beam and energy absorber.
Email me for pricing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.