IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled Into Work Today..odo Read 999...it Should Be A Nice Ride Home. Longest 1000 Miles Ever!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Sitting a 503 here.... Almost want to go on a long road trip to get the breakin over with... I have an on ramp on the way home from work that will see a nice 0-100 when I hit a 1000 miles!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
gratz all of u guys.. u will love the car just drive safe . And take a driving lessons :) I know i will soon

·
Registered
451 Posts
best thing you can do: take it to an autoX you'll really get to knwo the handling/accelleration after that.

man i remember when i broke 1,000 miles. i was on my way back from chicago. it was the best feeling ever ebcause i didnt' have to vary my speed anymore. (55 to 60 to 45 to 65 to 50 gets old). though by taking a raod trip my 1000 miles was over in 2 days. lol

though i would have just driving around anyway. I couldnt keep myself out the of drivers seat for like 3 weeks.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Xyloft said:
best thing you can do: take it to an autoX you'll really get to knwo the handling/accelleration after that.

man i remember when i broke 1,000 miles. i was on my way back from chicago. it was the best feeling ever ebcause i didnt' have to vary my speed anymore. (55 to 60 to 45 to 65 to 50 gets old). though by taking a raod trip my 1000 miles was over in 2 days. lol

though i would have just driving around anyway. I couldnt keep myself out the of drivers seat for like 3 weeks.
damn how do u get to 45 on the freeway? i go from maybe 65 to 70 to 60... is that fine?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
451 Posts
STIskeet said:
damn how do u get to 45 on the freeway? i go from maybe 65 to 70 to 60... is that fine?

that was easy...december 30th. between dayton and indianapolis. and between indie and gary indiana. i only hit 45 once or twice. i tried my best to stay under 3,000 rpm so i think thats right at 68. and of course i only hit 45 after everyone had passed me.

really for normal highway (5 to 10 miles) i think you can vary enough, but i was going 400 miles. not my brightest move, but i had a couple really good reasons to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the break in, my sti has 318 miles.
rain or shine tomorrow me and the sti will be doing some
bonding.

Drive safe

winggo

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
purchased an 06 sti before i left to deploy overseas.. in four days, i put 485 miles on my car.... probably wont be able to drive it until december, my pops will take care of it.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Boxer112 said:
purchased an 06 sti before i left to deploy overseas.. in four days, i put 485 miles on my car.... probably wont be able to drive it until december, my pops will take care of it.
make sure ur dad takes it out once a week or so, maybe around ur neighborhood for 5 min. not good to just let the car sit there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts