IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car will be built in the driveway with passion, impatience and a good number of moments to share with friends.

1997 Silver GSX

Mods when picked up:
ARP head studs
Turbo-back exhaust with shitty ass welding

Maintenance and mods post-purchase:

Brand new front end:
- Front upper/lower controls arms
- Inner/outer tie rods and ball joints
Brand new Energy master bushing kit in ricer red
New rear upper controls arms
4 new axles
Ksport Kontrol Pro coil overs
New front o2 sensor
Front polyurethane lip

Parts/Misc to get soon:
6 bolt engine and head to be built with forged rotating assembly and head work
Garrett GT35R
New head lights
Sparco/NRG deep dish steering wheel with hub adapter
Seat bases for 2x Bride seats.

Mods and maintenance records coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Parts on the way update:

Garrett GT35R
Siemens 750cc injectors
OBXR ram horn header

Parts received:
Rear upper control arms
Energy bushing kit

Installed parts:
Brand new front end suspension with all the controls arms, ball joints and end links.

things found out the car has:
Adjustable KYB struts and springs
Upgraded sway bars with blown end links

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little bit of a plan change:

I found out the VIN ends in 3076, so i figured it's only right I use a 3076 instead of a 35r!
Cancelled the OBX order and went with something much much more legit, a company called STM - handmade products in the states with quality metal.

Picked up another T25 OEM replacement turbo to hold me until the 3076 gets sent off to FP for a HTA package. Next up is I have to find a Tial 44mm or a Turbosmart 46mm wastegate!
Other than that the car is still running and got a 350mm NRG wheel with hub and quick release, best feeling every to have a proper steering wheel in hand.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
LMAO that's one way to justify a different turbo :lol:

Especially with the decreased displacement, I feel a 35R woulda been way overkill for a 2.0. But when that boost finally does kick in.................................................................................... HOLD ON!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LMAO that's one way to justify a different turbo :lol:

Especially with the decreased displacement, I feel a 35R woulda been way overkill for a 2.0. But when that boost finally does kick in.................................................................................... HOLD ON!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:
right? :lol::lol::lol:

Once I saw it, I couldn't say no. The 3076R i'm getting just happens to be the perfect core, the seals on it are done so i picked it up for close to nothing. So I either send it off to FP for a full rebuild or I get it done locally.

Thinking doing the following:
- New seals
- Ceramic ball bearings (they come with steel from Garrett)
- 11 blade compressor wheel

Wonder if there's a 360 thrust bearing upgrade available and a exducer wheel upgrade :devil:

·
Registered
123 Posts
You ever check out Jafromobile on youtube? I highly highly suggest you watch his videos. His narrations are top notch and his video quality and knowledge are as well.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You ever check out Jafromobile on youtube? I highly highly suggest you watch his videos. His narrations are top notch and his video quality and knowledge are as well.

I'll definitely check it out!

Little updates:

Fixed my front sway bar bushings and brackets, got an alignment, new winter tires and auto starter tomorrow :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
These cars are so bad a$s. I had 3 GSXs 2Gs and 3 DSMs 1G. My last one was auto and I sold it to a local tuner shop which they were going to use it for dragstrip only. The one before that was a 95GSX with the b"7 bolt walker" and a FP3052, methanol, cams, etc. I remember turning off the car and you can hear the compressor still going for like 30 seconds.

I got rid of it because the car was black and here in Tucson it gets superhot. The A/C stoppoed working and was leaking also, I gave up on putting more money into fixing the A./C.

The handling on these cars is mediocre and the interior is below mediocre, same thing I can say about the seats, the steering, the brakes, suspension...

Then you have the notorious superhot engine bay. Great car for the dragstrip though. When I had mine it would leave my own C6Z06 on the dust at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I forgot to tell you, I have some parts for your DSM. I have pristine condition FIC high impedance 950cc as well as PTE 680cc injectors as well . I also have a huge FMIC and a in cabin BOOST controller(Hallman). PM me if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
A Unicorn! never see these cars around anymore. It is like they all vanished or were totaled. GSX's seem more rare then my Typhoon. That and the Talon TSi, such amazing platforms

1 - 18 of 18 Posts