IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I read the Owner Manual for the STi. It say we should use 93 OCT, But

where can I buy the 93 OCT in Sacramento? Anyone live around here know a

gas station that has it? The book also say if 93 Is not avaiable use the 91 and you can't use the 91 for a long period of time:confused:. I would like to know what

you guys use and is it okay with the 91 if we don't have the 93 OCT.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
You dont get 93 octane in CA because your state sucks. The car will run fine on CA 91 octane the computer just pulls a little timing and adds a little more gas. So you loose a few hp and a few miles per gallon, thats about it. So fill it up at any named brand gas station and lobby your government officials tog et better gas in CA.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
^^^ ya, 91 is fine. unless you have an '04 you won't get any pinging. Here in OR, it's hard to find 93.

Sonoco, where are you??

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
^^ yes, it does.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
not all 04s ping on 91 gas!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
The first run of 04 STi's had issues with ping because of how aggressive the ecu was tuned. I believe this first initial batch of cars were told to come back to the dealer for an ECU update to solve the pinging issue. 91 octane will be fine. If you want to raise your octane level mix in a few gallons of higher octane race gas. I do this, especially with the heat of summer no in full effect.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
USAF_STi said:
There is a 76 with a 100 oct pump in sac, you can mix a few gollons in if you want.
Where in Sac is the 76 with 100 OCT? How much is a gallon for a 100 OCT?

·
Registered
331 Posts
My car is a very early 04.Pinged hard on 93 when above 80F out.Got it reflashed from Dealer.Still can get it to ping once in a great while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts