IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
came in last week.
Status Racing sent me a pair of Red 6-pt harnesses.

now I need a custom roll-cage :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
finally received the hot parts from Swaintech, after more than a month of wait.

Lipstick with her new swaintech coated hot parts and with Werks Race Intercooler :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
here are bigger photos:

Update:
currently things that will be relocated:
- fuse box
- AC condenser
BTF will fabricate mounting points for the custom radiator.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Was too slammed with work yesterday and barely did anything today, but heres a little update.

Removed rear suspension from the RS

Fuel Tank Swap, rather have a 6 year old tank then a 13 year old

Put in Rear Struts

The rest awaits tommorow, where ill be busting my ass all day, then watch me some Formula 1

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
UPDATE: Walbro 400 fuel pump to replace the low pressure fuel pump.....will not fit, uggghhhh.
we'll just use a walbro 255lph fuel pump since it's just a drop-in pump for the low pressure fuel pump replacement.

Walbro 400 fuel pump will be just dedicated for the auxillary injectors.

·
Registered
436 Posts
this build is sick!!! I remember first reading about compound turbo kits in the supra forums a couple years ago and there has been some very successful builds! Looks sick! def please post up some video's of how this beast will sound and run! Subs.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
I love all performance cars too. This is an interesting project. Congratulations on your sponsorships.

Why did you choose a sky? Not knocking the decision. Just curious.

Posted from Iwsti.com App for Android

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I love all performance cars too. This is an interesting project. Congratulations on your sponsorships.

Why did you choose a sky? Not knocking the decision. Just curious.

Posted from Iwsti.com App for Android

I chose the Saturn SKY since it is RWD and the platform is great.

Plus of course, the platform is very different compared to the rest.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Update:
BTF is still working on fabbing the secondary fuel tank that will be placed inside the trunk.
We are hoping that everything will be finished by the week-end after Thanksgiving.
Then tuning begins....

for the past few months, wife and I have been very busy moving into the new house and unpacking. Also been attending pregnancy/baby classes.
Also working with Median Magazine to feature my car. They ended up having a 5-page spread article for LIPSTICK.
I'm hoping that the car will be on the cover of Median Magazine once the build is finally finished, and have another feature that will include more about the build, fabrication, tuning, dyno and etc.

MEDIAN MAGAZINE will be the best source for local high performance automotive news in the Northeast Region of America. All the top shops. The big builds. Products and services from local companies. Tech articles. It's all gonna be there.

check out the facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/MedianMag?fref=ts

sorry for the blurry photos of the pages of Lipstick:

·
Registered
726 Posts
you know as soon as your car is done we are over to rt 99 and racing! I want to see that thing in action, its gonna be sick! dont forget the baby seat for the passenger side

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was humming for quite a while that a Sky/Solstice would be a heck of a fun car, especially with some serious upgrades, or an LSX swap.

This, if reliable (lol) looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun.

Is there going to be modifications to the rear tires so you can get some grip, or is it just going to be a smoke machine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
you know as soon as your car is done we are over to rt 99 and racing! I want to see that thing in action, its gonna be sick! dont forget the baby seat for the passenger side

route 99.....you can actually see my new house (just behind the shell gas station).

you should pass by some time Chris!

and yes, baby seat will be attached! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I was humming for quite a while that a Sky/Solstice would be a heck of a fun car, especially with some serious upgrades, or an LSX swap.

This, if reliable (lol) looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun.

Is there going to be modifications to the rear tires so you can get some grip, or is it just going to be a smoke machine.

the sky drift car I believe has an LS engine. Tons of HP and TQ :)

I believe from factory, the wheels are only 8" wide wheels and 235 tires

When I used to have a gt2582r turbo on my car....with a mild tune that produces 400whp/380tq.......my 9" wide wheels and 275 nitto NT05 tires were able to handle it.

I upgraded my wheels into 10" wide and 295 nitto NT05 tires for daily driving. I think they'll be fine.

But at the track I'll be using MT slicks.......

81 - 100 of 144 Posts