IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These Injectors are sold .....

(If you want to modify your own, pm or email us for pricing)

Some info:

PERRIN Performance™ produces an extremely cost effective alternative to aftermarket fuel injectors. PERRIN Performance™ will modify your existing injectors for use with larger than stock turbo, higher boost and aftermarket electronics.

Through Need4Speed Power Products, consumers can participate in the fuel injector core modification program. PERRIN™ will take your own fuel injectors and return them to you now able to support higher horsepower and boost.

.....Stock STI injectors flow 550cc of fuel or 52.4lb/hr. Once modified by PERRIN™ your injectors will flow 817cc/min or 77.81 lb/hr. Almost a 50% gain in flow. At the stock injector flow of 550cc your car will max out at 320hp-380hp (Crank HP) At the new PERRIN modified 816cc fuel flow rate your engine now has enough flow for 480hp-550hp. Each fuel injector is precision machined to flow in excess of 740cc. Injector "on time" is not affected by modifying OEM STI injectors.

A larger fuel pump than stock, preferably 255lph or higher, must be used in order to keep up with the larger injectors.

It is also recommended that you use a "Big Maf" Adaptor, to help compensate for the higher flowing injectors. The factory ecu will be able to run them fine with the Big Maf, but it will also depend on how hot it is, I've noticed that my car will run extremely rich in the upper rpms. In the end, you will need aftermarket engine management to really take advantage of these.

You can buy the set that I have on hand (used, modified) outright for $580 Shipped (UPS ground, no downtime for you, pull yours out, install mine, then eithe keep yours for the return to stock option, or sell them!)

Or, you can send in your injectors for $197.99 + overnight shipping directly to Perrin for modification, turn around should be three days total.
(If sent out Tuesday, you should have them back by Friday for install)

For the "Big Maf" is currently out of stock, but we will update here, your cost will be $202 shipped (UPS ground)

Please feel free to contact us at: [email protected]
or (402) 731-2352

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
wow hmmm.... very tempting.... does this REQUIRE a big maf intake setup and can we work out a deal? Im hoping to get my utec unit in soon, and would like to not have the downtime of shipping my injectors. Are there any problems with this setup? I've heard -s and +s about having modified injectors, so lmk any info you can (via pm if you want). Thank you!! The spark plugs seem to be working GREAT

Robert~

G

·
Have you done anything more to these injectors than the standard Nasioc 'injector mod' (ie: dremeling off the restrictor cap)? Are they flow tested, and if so, how close are they matched?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I can't seem to get a hold of anyone right now .. it is my understanding that the injectors will run much better on a stock ecu'd car if they also have the "Big Maf"

As for the flow testing, because of the costs involved (over $120), no, they are not. The modified injectors have been flow tested, either by Perrin, or an end customer (I can't remember which) and they were all within spec of eachother pusing out over 740cc's

You also have to remember that our factor injectors are not "flow tested" either ... they test a set, then they manufacture hundreds based off of that ...... so, it is not un-common to see differences in straight factory injectors either.

The mod on the Side feed is definitely more involved than the "cutting of the cap" on the top feed wrx injector, these are CNC machined, so then everything is a little "more precise"

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE!

I have another set, these have been "flow tested" by RC engineering ....

They rate the "spray pattern" as excellent .. and they all flow in excess of 800 cc's at 43 psi !

Here are the test results:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
surprisingly enough, we still have these in stock ..... Price drop to $545 shipped! UPS ground.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are now sold ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts