IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to the Irvine Subaru dealership and sitting in the service parking lot was a 480 HP WRX...so the sales guy that I bought my car from said...and there was this other guy that he pointed out to me and the sales guy said he had an even faster car, in fact, it was the 740 HP WRX that was featured on this month's issue of Import Racer! I didn't see that car, but the article said it had all these Greddy mods, one in particular I wasn't familiar with, a Greddy turbo...anyway, has anyone seen that issue or that article? Let me know! I was only able to read some of it off the plaque that was posted in the waiting room as I was getting my complimentary first oil change :)

Also picked me up some touch up paint and rubber floor mats...now all I need is to get those Dunlop Winter M2's and I'm set!

S

·
0 Posts
28 psi boost and a 50 hp shot of nitrous, this WRX managed a 10.8 second 1/4 mile after blowing the clutch and coasting across the line at 129mph. The article boasted it as the Worlds fastest WRX. That is from the 740hp WRX article in November 2002, Import Racer. Oh, and it is completely streetable, back seat, full sound system and all.

The list of mod's looked good all the way up to, but not including the nitrous. Sorry, that one is still a bit of a gimmick in my book.

Anyway, Aussie tuners at Tony Rigoli Performance built the 740hp at the crank and 510hp at the wheels stroked 99 WRX for EasyStreet. There will be more to follow on this car in the next issue of IR.
www.easystreetmotorsports.com OR more specifically,
http://63.164.33.8/1esx/esx740.htm

By the way SPI Motorsports in Irvine is capable of doing some pretty wild upgrades as well.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, it was SPI Motorsports :)

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow to get that November issue. They've already taken them off the stands. :(

I didn't see that it was completely streetable...that's sick! But yeah, if they used NOS then that's cheating. Doesn't beat that 900 HP VW with the Audi S5 engine...

S

·
0 Posts
Check out Jan Turbo Magazine for another article on the 740hp WRX from ESX. It is on the news stands now.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
NOS is fake power and SUCKS!

·
Registered
454 Posts
SoCal Track Day(8 Hours Worth of Seat Time per Driver)Feb.17

Real or fake.. if it gets you the numbers and the car stays together, who cares?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Well, the car didn't stay together... and if it has something break everytime it goes down the track, what good is it? That's not my definition of streetable.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: porting wastegate issue

You arent going to be running 10 second quarters in the street :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
10 second quarters would be great!!!! BUt then again a car with NOS is fake to me becasue it just shows that yea it might handle it for a few secs. But in reality if you kept pumpen fake juice it will break down fast and bad!

as to why resurrect this 15 month old thread well i was super fricken bored last night and i thought id give my .02cents, i think thats what a forum is called ;-)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ScoobyDo said:
Anyway, Aussie tuners at Tony Rigoli Performance built the 740hp at the crank and 510hp at the wheels stroked 99 WRX for EasyStreet. There will be more to follow on this car in the next issue of IR.
www.easystreetmotorsports.com OR more specifically,
http://63.164.33.8/1esx/esx740.htm
whoa our cars lose 230hp from the drive train? thats freaking rediculous. Thats like a ~30% loss.

Robert~

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
tony rigoli build a 99 WRX for ESX? they have a 99 WRX hatch/wagon that is a Rigoli car not ESX... as mensioned above it run [email protected] and still not running the best it could.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts