IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of wheels left over from my old WRX (5x100 - 18x8 with 45mm) offset.
Could I use something like this adapter to mount them on my 05 STI (5x114.3)?

http://projectnissan.com/shopping/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=846

I’d hate to waste a good set of tires and I wouldn’t mind keeping the rims either. I’m still confused with the whole offset thing so am I asking for something impossible here? If this doesn’t work I’ll have to be getting rid of them to get cash for new tires.

Thanks in advance.:D

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
sure the adapter would work, but you'll have an effective offset of +30mm.

that's too low an offset, especially for an 8" wheel.

sell them for proper wheels, you'll thank your self later.

which 18x8 +45mm are you speaking of?

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
I say sell them, and get some proper 5x114.3 wheels. there are alot out there for the MY05 STi.

you should be able to find a buyer for the Black racing wheels especially if they clear the brembos.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
wdb said:
No. No no no no no. 5x100 is the BOLT PATTERN. It will cost you about $5K in hub, rotor, and strut parts to use those wheels. Sell them to a WRX, Legacy, or '04 STi owner and buy wheels with a 5x114 bolt pattern for your car.

if you used a spacer for 5x114.3 that came with it's own lugs in the 5x100 bolt pattern it'd work, but it'd be a hack.

it'd also push 90% of the wheels beyond the fender b/c you'd need at least 15mm of spacer for this to work, and even then it might not work.

you'd be better off doing as we said before. sell them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool thanks everyone!

I think they should clear the Brembos (like on an '04 STI right?). I use to run 4pot Rotoras with no problems on the '02.

Anywho...T3h, any idea of what I could get for the set? One of the wheels was dropped on its face so they aren't in the greatest cosmetic shape - but they still look very good.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
Not sure, what they'd sell for, but post them up on here, with a price ~ the price of a new set of rotas. If you don't get any bites lower it.

and if you're gonna sell them with tires, you can increase the price by a few hundred depending on condition/brand/quality of the tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts