IW STi Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Noted and after formerly having one in your STI

** put a real wastegate on that system

The whole system was designed with an internal wastegate up front. I would trust that - and yamaha and others experience. Personally It have no concerns that they are good. I can also say that one of the bigest PIA on my car it R&R of its "stock location" wastegate. It blocks access to the DP bolts. I works great - and is one of the most nicely built pieces on my car. Still I'd just as soon not to have to deal with it on my next build - and not have modify a DP to route it back to my exhaust.

My question is it truly as good or better than rotated setup . . . ?

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
what do you think a Cobb 20g and an iag 900 crate would make full tilt on meth

?????????????????

Why do this? the 500 or 600 will be fine - and remember they all have 2618 pistons . . . how long do you want this car - or are you prepared to refresh by 100Kmi?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
?????????????????

Why do this? the 500 or 600 will be fine - and remember they all have 2618 pistons . . . how long do you want this car - or are you prepared to refresh by 100Kmi?
i have never seen a 20g pushed to the literal max on a fully ported cammed block and really have no idea if its going to top out at 400 or make like 450? mine made 350 at 20lbs, in theory it should make like 400 on 28 psi on meth? 450 with ported and cams and 28 psi +meth? i kind of want the better heads (and i need new heads) that come with the 900 and realistically a stage 2 tuff or the cheapest closed short deck block would be fine. im just trying to decide if spending 5 grand for a rotated kit is worth it.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
Look at what the turbo flows and that will give you a good idea of how much power you can make. If you want to push it to the "max", start with a bigger, better turbo and run it in it's efficiency island.

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought a 20G could, fully supported break 400 on E. A 1.5XTR can at under 25psi with only stock single AVCS heads . . . isn't meth simillar?

I'm no expert - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong . . . but in any case a bigger turbo is in order before fancy heads.

·
Vendor
412 Posts
We've made ~425whp/472wtq on our dyno with the COBB 20G.

The 20G isn't what I'd use for fully built motor. It's great for a forged bottom end daily driver that wants to knock on the 400whp door. If you're doing heads, go bigger. My Xona 6557 will crack 500whp on pump gas at low boost. But I have CNC heads, cams, etc..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts