IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full Blown 521hp Stock Motor @ 20psi
We just got off the dyno with our FRS. This is our Stage 1 with a bigger turbo. Our kit is designed to run anything from a Gt28, Gt30, Gt35r. We decided to skip the 30r and get get straight to business with the GTX35R.

This kit is still in the prototype stages and will likely be our stage 3 with upgraded intercooler, bigger injectors and so on.

Our Stage 2 will consist of the Gtx30r. We have gathered enough data from this project that we can now start building those kits for those who wish for big power.

Surprisingly the stock motor is holding up for now. We are working on a built motor for when this one fails. I am very impressed with it in stock form.

Here's the setup

FBM BRZ/FRS Stage 1

- FBM EL Turbo manifold
- Garrett GTX35r with Tial V-band housing
- FBM Aluminum intercooler Piping with couplers
- FBM 3" V-band Downpipe
- FBM 550hp Intercooler
- FBM Intake Pipe
- FBM Dump tube
- Tial 50mm BOV
- Tial 44mm Wastegate
- FBM 1000cc injectors
- FBM 270LPH Pump
- FBM Dual slim fans
- Clutch masters FX400

FBM Turbo FRS 521HP - YouTube

·
Registered
349 Posts
So what's it like driving around with less than 100 hp/torques till 3.7k rpm? Every dyno plot I see of a high power BRZ is as laughable as Supras from back when. Maybe worse actually.

Someone should turn this thread into a poll. Each choice should have several parts listed in the order they will fail.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Ka ka ka KABOOM goes the stock motor. That turbo just looks ridiculous in there. Props for not blowing the motor yet.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Idk about driving above 4,000rpms for fear of bogging on a 1° incline. A Prius can have you until you begin to spool.

Good power though. What fuel?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
E85? What's with the funky looking notch area in the dyno plot? Pretty impressive.
thats the...wait for it....wait for it.....wait for it.....still waiting for it....wait for it....the turbo spooling :rofl:

Awesome numbers but I think that thing will be way more fun with a couple hundred less HP and power below 5k rpm

·
Registered
288 Posts
Awesome! But.. here comes the... BOOM.

A stock WRX w/ a big turbo can put down 500hp too... for a little while, lol.

Regardless, great work!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Stock motors can produce a lot of power but def not for long.521whp is what I have in my STi and it is pretty damn quick, I can only imagine what this car feels like! I'd be cool with 450whp in a BRZ.

·
Registered
906 Posts
So what's it like driving around with less than 100 hp/torques till 3.7k rpm? Every dyno plot I see of a high power BRZ is as laughable as Supras from back when. Maybe worse actually.
That is the downside of running any 4cyl with a big-ass single turbo. The only way around it is to pay $$$$$ for a twin sequential setup or a VGT.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts