IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sent a quote request to a dealer and this is what I got back:eek:. Sorry but you need to start at the bottom.

Yes that is correct on this one I have other STIS I can deal with you but on this one this is the price.
Chuck...

--- original message ---
Sent: 9/5/2006 2:53 PM
To: ;[email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: Wentworth Subaru Quote

MSRP cannot be listed as 39,110. MSRP is 34,120

But, let me get this straight. You have an almost $16k markup on this car? Are you sure you have the right car info??
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:30 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Wentworth Subaru Quote

Hi Dan ,that is the correct price there was only 500 made of that model.
Chuck Hanscom...

--- original message ---
Sent: 9/5/2006 2:07 PM
To: ;[email protected]
Subject: Re: Wentworth Subaru Quote

You may want to double check the MSRP and Wentworth price listed. Those aren't for any Subaru STi that I know of!
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:53 PM
Subject: Wentworth Subaru Quote

Wentworth SubaruCity
"Subaru, the Japanese automaker known for its all-wheel-drive vehicles, won the top spot for the highest-quality brand among new cars in Consumer Reports' annual automotive issue." written by John O'Dell Times Staff Writer(3/5/05)

<HR noShade>
Hi Dan;

Thanks again for your inquiry on the 2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan.

I've put together a little information on the Impreza Sedan as well as a pricing quote that's listed below the specifications. Please let me know when you want to swing by for a look, or if you have any other questions on this or any other vehicles.ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Stock Number: 75145
STANDARD FEATURES: [SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]
  • 300-hp 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged boxer engine
  • 300 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm
  • Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD)
  • High performance sport-tuned 4-wheel independent suspension
  • Brembo performance brake system
  • Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
  • 140-watt 6-speaker premium audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer
  • Automatic climate control
  • 17-inch BBS wheels
  • STI-design front seats with fixed integrated head restraints and embroidered STI logos
  • Remote keyless entry system
  • Antitheft security system
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • <HR noShade>

M.S.R.P.: $39,110.00

Special Internet Price:$49,990

************SUBARU SPECIAL LOW RATE FINANCING AVAILABLE************
*on approved credit*

<HR noShade>
ALL QUOTES ARE GOOD FOR 10 DAYS {OR} UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH IN WHICH THEY ARE PROVIDED AND SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE

Dan, the reason this disclaimer (10 day or e.o.m.) is provided, Subaru of America revises their incentives and rebates on a monthly (sometimes semi-monthly) basis. I will do everything possible to maintain consistent pricing per your current quote.
<O:p></O:p>
THIS PRICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH ME, as I am part of the Fleet Department. Due to my high volume of sales, I have been authorized to offer this fleet pricing to my internet customers. As a result of this high volume I mainly work by appointment. If you cannot reach me at the dealership during business hours and you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment please feel free to contact me via my cell phone, the number is listed below. I will return your call as soon as possible. <O:p></O:p>
Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Thank you,
Chuck Hanscom
Subaru Internet/Fleet Sales Manager
Wentworth Subaru
(503)736-1411 Direct
1(866)306-4963 Toll Free

Since 1903........Wentworth...not me ;-)

<HR noShade>
Your privacy is important to us. If you no longer want to receive these emails, click Here or go to https://www.gs.reyrey.com/cm/emailoptout.aspx?
Wentworth Chevrolet Subaru
107 SE Grand Ave
Portland, OR 97214
www.wentworthchevrolet.com
(503) 232-2000

<HR>​

· Registered
1,937 Posts
My dealer told me $1000 deposit to order the car and $35,500 out the door including taxes, tags, and fees. 50k is a rip. Farrish Subaru in VA Jarrold Washington was the salesman if anyone was interested.

· OT stealth mod
4,368 Posts
:rofl:

Thats hilarious. You should have emailed him back, and asked him if he would include <strike>some</strike>, a lot of the dope that he is smoking with the car.

· Registered
4,573 Posts
bahahahhahahah, i feel sorry if someone actually paid that big of a markup....

· Registered
79 Posts
Not only is his price outta whack, but he is using 2006 STI specs. 2007 Limited STI has 293 SAE cert hp, and no BBS wheels, if I recall.

No doubt, some rube will pay $50K for this car. Sheesh...dealers like that only solidify the perception that car salesmen are scheisters in general.

· Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He sent back a quick response. And I'm not even going to bother pointing out all the other mistakes. The MSRP and asking price take the cake.

Chuck, there aren't enough options available to make the MSRP even 37k. And an addendum to sticker doesn't change MSRP.
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:01 AM
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Re: Wentworth Subaru Quote

Sorry there was a mistake on the MSRP it is $37,120, But the internet price on stock#75145 is $49,990.
Chuck Hanscom...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.