IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru of Schaumburg, IL has 5 stis available for $6000 over the sticker price. Yes, yes, yes. Get yours now.
When they told me how much they want for it I started laughing, than he started laughing and than I hung up. The nerve........... :x

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
:roll:

I wonder if one of them is the one I have seen there for a while now with the $6k markup. I think they sold all of their STi's at a markup. So glad I shopped around. That was the original dealer I used to houd well over a year ago about the STi but they never wanted to do anything so eventually I looked else where.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I e-mailed a person there and they finally offered me $1000 over MSRP. They also seem to have most all the available options on these STIs too.

-Lance

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
follow up email from SOA

Maybe they just have the markup to weed out the people just looking. When you sit down to deal maybe they will take MSRP, but based on what I have heard about SOS, I doubt it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was shopping for my WRX about 2 years ago SOS was the first dealer I went to and believe me it wasn't a nice experience. They wanted $3000 over the MSRP, so I went to Roto Subaru who for a fact hates SOS with passion.

·
Registered
487 Posts
What a bunch of jerkbaits, tell them to get bent or give me their number and I will.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
plain out SICK!!!!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yea ur tellen me, schaumberg=rich people! which ='s go figure ;-)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
whooooa!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I went there when I was shopping for my car, and the sales guy didn't even mention the mark up. I guess they put it up to scare away people that are not really interested.

-d

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't go there if I have to do my STI purchase over again. I got mine for MSRP back in 09/03 but the manager is just a complete jerk. They'll tell you that there is a premium on top of the MSRP but once they sense a serious buyer and go there by the end of the month on the last hour before the store closes, they'll probably give it to you for MSRP. But don't go there if you can shop somewhere else...

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Those Subaru of Schaumburg bastiges took 2 months to pay off my trade ins ... From December 26th to February 10th...

I opened up a case with Subaru of America to have them call every day and see when are they gonna send the payoff checks. They hold off on the checks for about 45 days,...

Incredibly enough SoA was extremely courteous with prompt callbacks, and followed through my case. I am very pleased by the way SoA handled my case with those SoB's...

Again ... sharks ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wheels for Sti

NEWSFLASH!! I took delivery of an 05' STI last weekend from SOS and TODAY (of all days), I discovered THIS forum and ALL of the horror stories about SOS. Now, you've all got me scared, waiting for the other shoe to drop on paying off my trade in a timely manner. I've already contacted the financial institution that financed my trade and advised them of their 'rep' for slow payoff's. They told me to keep calling every week to see if it's been paid off. Only time will tell.

BUT, there is GOOD news to share also. I don't know whether the markup's over MSRP are 'urban legend' or not, but allow me to share with the rest of you, "after 2 1/2 hours of dickering, I paid $300.00 over COST (Invoice) AND got within $600.00 of what I wanted for my trade. The difference I settled on, more than made up for in my tax savings if I had 'no trade'. Just thought I would share this story with you. So, in other words, be persistant AND be a SERIOUS BUYER. One way or another, they don't want you to walk out driving what you drove in with.

Enuf of that. Now, who can tell me of the best "Tuner Shop" in the Elgin area? Time to plan on the 'mod's'. :D

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Glad to hear you got a good deal. The $6k markups were back in 03 when the first STi were being sold. Yes, keep calling them about your payoff. I am not sure about any good Subaru specific shops but Sound Performance http://www.sound-performance.com/ in Bloomingdale over by Stratford Square mall does a lot of performance work on cars, mainly Supras though. Larry knows his stuff and I am sure he could do anything custom you wanted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts