IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Heres my problem: Lately Im getting 4th gear grinds while shifting at almost redline. I can be cruising in 5th....decide to drop it in 4th....grinds....take it immediately to 3rd and goes in perfectly without me forcing it in. 4th gear shifts seem to be kinda hard too when compared to 3rd, 5th and 6th. It wont grind when driving the car like a pussy. BUT thats the prob.....I got the car cuz it was meant to be driven hard right ?!?!? I wanted a high performance machine.

Damnit, is there anyone else experiencing 4th gear grinds ?!???!

later

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Nope, no problem with 4th gear grinds as of yet...no problems with grinds at all. 'Bout the only issue I have with the tranny is the whine it produces during normal driving above 65 mph and the difficulty to put it into 1st gear on cold days.....The whine above 65 mph is there no matter what, but the difficulty for 1st gear goes away after the car/tranny is warmed up....BUT, I don't drive my car too hard at all..the occassional punch, but no need to test it at every light. It IS a vehicle....with a gillion moving parts, especially in a 6 speed tranny....TAKE IT IN TO BE WORKED ON !!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts