IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prodrive in the States

Just got back from driving the curvy mountain road up the Los Angeles Crest mountains...there were 5 of us, and we saw alot of bikers on the road. Anyway, I was driving my '03 WRX, the other guys were driving a Mini Cooper (Not Type-S), '02 IS300, '03 IS300, and an S2000.

I didn't know the way so I was 3rd behind the '02 IS300 and the Mini, but then I got to a passing lane and went past both of them. (I also overtook them on a transition ramp on the freeway :wink: ) Still, I was surprised at how well the Mini handled, and the '02 IS300 owner had an upgraded suspension but he said it was mushy so it was just like stock but because of his racing lines he was pretty fast too...I'll post a pic soon of all 5 cars once the new postnuke website is ready to go :). 2 of the cars, mine, the mini and the '03 IS300 were stock, the other 2 had minor mods, just suspension work. The S2000 and the '03 IS300 trailed far behind. Maybe they just didn't want to push it.

Damn it was a great ride! I did a few 4-wheel drifts and the adrenaline was pumping. We also saw a number of Ducati's on the road, one guy was practically scraping shin coming around a corner going the other way...

Would've really liked to race a 330 ci and an RSX up that same road! :)

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep it was great! Up til now I haven't really considered modding my WRX but now I'm thinking a tighter suspension would be nice...or maybe I'll just mod it as a trade-in for an STi :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Nice pix. I hope you bring that camera to the Western Region Preview.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts