IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no longer have the rear spoiler. Now I feel strange not having the added protection of the 3rd brake light. Has anyone installed the OEM 2.5 RS brake light ? Looks like it is the same package shelf but without holes for mounting and electrical. Called the dealer and they told me it should fit and gave me a piece price of $130.00. Seems kind of expensive.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
you need to get the light, you'll have a much higher chance of getting pulled over without one.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
yea you def wont pass inspection with out the 3rd light

·
Registered
421 Posts
isnt the stocker just an LED bar or something, you should able just to pop it underneath the carpeting somehow and get away with that, or does the rear window border get in the way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No inspections in Michigan but I don't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over. Think I will look at the local junk yard before buying new. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yea. My dealership quoted me the same for the 3rd brake light tray. I just took the tray out of my car.. cut 3 holes.. 2 for the bolts and 1 for the wire to plug in the brake light. Quite easy to do and you can't tell it with the light installed.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
velcro to mount! removeable when needed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
got mine off ebay for $40 and it took some fabrication to the deck lid to get it to work. the wiring harness was already there and that was simple.

·
Registered
122 Posts
first what you need is the wrx/rs trunk parcel shelf piece and than find someone selling the light on the boards ive seen the whole package go for like 80 bucks tops

but theres a number of people whod be up for just swappin your shelf for theirs so try to make a wtt/b thread on nasioc or somethign

1 - 12 of 12 Posts