IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STi Options

Apparently a subaru dealership in Greece sells two versions of the 2.0L STi, a 265hp and a 330hp.

See:
http://www.subaru-glyfadas.gr/impreza.html
http://www.subaru-glyfadas.gr/tech-imp20.html
http://www.subaru-glyfadas.gr/prices-imp.html

The 330hp version is about 6,000 euros more expensive.

I am sure this involves some serious hardware upgrades (turbo + ECU at least) from the regular STi. It's nice to see it on their brochure as an option (warranty intact)! $50k US for a 330hp 2.0L STi, doesn't sound too bad!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can't read it but it probably is the prodrive performance pack on the Euro STi. Subaru honors the warranty on Euro cars with the ppp.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Re: Reply

But 0-100 km/h in 5.0 secs? :roll:

Seems slower than the USDM STI in that department (although it could be the ways in which the figure is estimated / the launch is performed... Probably so given the higher 0-100km/h numbers for WRX sedans as well...?) :-?

·
Registered
146 Posts
rjhang said:

Seems slower than the USDM ...
Remember that this is the two liter motor and not the 2.5 so its low end torque is less and the turbo comes on at a higher rpm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is the US one measured at 100km/h or 60mp/h? It should technically be 0-62mph time.

prost893 said:
rjhang said:

Seems slower than the USDM ...
Remember that this is the two liter motor and not the 2.5 so its low end torque is less and the turbo comes on at a higher rpm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wouldn't think so... It's quite easy to get that much extra power from the STi (not too sure about the standard WRX though). The STi has a capable turbo, engine etc. to reach those power levels, even a 2.0L spec engined one.

As an example, an ADM (Aust. Domestic Market) is rated at 195kw's (261.3hp) at the flywheel. A simple chip management, free flowing exhaust, air intake, larger top mount intercooler, and electronic boost controller takes it up to 255kw's (341.7hp) at a fairly conservative state of tune.

kg said:
I am sure this involves some serious hardware upgrades (turbo + ECU at least) from the regular STi. It's nice to see it on their brochure as an option (warranty intact)! $50k US for a 330hp 2.0L STi, doesn't sound too bad!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Psyklops,

Have you bought a 02 or 03 STi? If so how are you finding it? I am waiting for news about the 04 and hoping to hear that it will run a higher comp motor like the standard Rex. You heard anything?
Michael

·
Registered
33 Posts
OZSti: In actual fact I'm driving around in a Nissan s15 Silvia ADM version (Aust. Domestic Market)! :lol: The lease is up very soon and it's tax time as well, so currently investigating the options!

I don't think they'll announce an '04 STi, however what appears to be happening is that we may get the 2.5l STi as a special/limited edition model (kinda like the Mitsu EVO 6.5 Tommi Makkinen) possibly to test the market. Hopefully they keep the price a little more realistic!! :) IMHO, what they'll probably do in the long term is phase out the 2.0l STi for our market cause it wouldn't make sense to have two different models and keep the WRX around for rally homolgation compliance. The new Legacy/Liberty GT will be announced in Sept/Oct with the new 2.5l engine so it kinda makes sense that they'll retrofit this engine into a lot of cars.

IMHO, the next announcement on anything new with the STi's for our market will be the 2.5l rather than any enhancements to the current 2.0l. Personally, I'd love to see the Sti Spec C as an option, or at least some/all of it's components.

Probably the single factor that is making me hold back on the STi is the EVO8. I'm actually waiting on the announcement of the EVO8 that we get! Word has it that we may get the JDM version with all the ACD/AYC trickery and 6-speed like the JDM models which will keep our market very interesting indeed!

·
Registered
452 Posts
OT... but quickly... where is that dancing picture from? I can sort of recognise the spiderman... and the robot on the left...

(And, EVO V/// ?? Not STi!!?!? You infidel! :lol:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
hehe! :lol: not sure where I got that pic from.. can't remember now! Always wanted to use it but most forums have some sort of size restriction so I couldn't really use it up until now!

:lol: the evo8!! if it's the JDM version with the twin scroll, AYC/ACD etc. then it'll be an excellent all round package. Plenty of shops know how to tune 'em already since we've had low volume imports of them for sometime. Most tuning shops find the EVO's easier to tune for more power (i.e. they respond better to power upgrades) moreso than the WRX's/STi's..

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
rjhang said:

Seems slower than the USDM STI in that department (although it could be the ways in which the figure is estimated / the launch is performed... Probably so given the higher 0-100km/h numbers for WRX sedans as well...?) :-?
0-100 km/h in 5.0 is 0-62 mph...so 0-60 is ~4.9.

I think it's the way it's launched...also Maybe their STi suffers from some turbo lag (being a 2.0) which explains the slow time, especially since their STi weighs only 2756 lbs! It's probably more like a ~4.5 hard launch 0-60 mph time...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SnowbordrWRX said:
0-100 km/h in 5.0 is 0-62 mph...so 0-60 is ~4.9.

I think it's the way it's launched...also Maybe their STi suffers from some turbo lag (being a 2.0) which explains the slow time, especially since their STi weighs only 2756 lbs! It's probably more like a ~4.5 hard launch 0-60 mph time...
2756lbs!!! yikes, thanks for pointing this out, I had missed it. In this case, I'd rather have the euro spec 2.0L 330hp version, damn the low end torque and turbo lag. Wow, what a difference this will make for handling, braking, etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Prodrive version with a 2,0l engine.I havent got it confirmed but ive been told that it has more than the 265hp.I think its for tax reasons that its been set to 265hp on paper.
Next month ill put it on a test to see how much power it got on the wheels.Ill post the number here when its done.
The weight of the car is 1375kg (1375 kilogram = 3,031.356105 pound)

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
motor magazine (australian mag) said that the 300hp USDM engine in the STi will not be in the australian STi, however they said it may appear in an impreza, just not badged STi. however, i would personally think they would badge it STi, more appeal and makes it easier for them to put a bigger $ tag on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts